The Monday 21 November 2022, Armed Forces Day will be celebrated throughout the country. The following events will take place in the city of Kozani:
a) General Flagging by 8the morning time until sunset 21ης November 2022.
b) Lighting of all public stores, of O.T.A., as well as the stores of N.P.D.D.. and Banks during the evening hours of November 21 2022, taking care of energy saving in the context of and no. MINE/DEPEA/68315/502/01.07.2022 (Government Gazette 3424 B΄) K.Y.A., as applicable.
c) Time 8:00 a.m. Official raising of the Flag.
d) Time 10:30 a.m. Official Doxology at the Holy Metropolitan Church of Agios Nikolaos.
e) Time 11:00 a.m. Commemorative prayer in the Central Square of Kozani. Speech by Reserve Infantry Major Nikolaos Tsokaridis, President of the Association of Reserve Officers P.E. Kozani.
Laying of wreaths by Mr.
- Representative of the Hellenic Parliament
- Governor of Western Macedonia
- Mayor of Kozani
- Senior Guard Commander
- General Regional Police Director of Western Macedonia
- Commander of the Regional Fire Department of Western Macedonia
- Association of Retired Army Officers – Annex N. Kozani
- Retirees Association – Apostate Security Forces West. Of Macedonia
- Association of Reserve Axis P.E.. Kozani
- National Association of Disabled and War Victims P.E.. Kozani
One minute silence - National Anthem - End of Ceremony. Official departure.
f) The Doxology and the memorial prayer ceremony will be attended by the civil and military authorities, as well as delegations of students of Primary and Secondary Education, scouts and guides, with flags and banners.
g) Time 17:10 Submission of the Flag.
the) Local Authorities and all Citizens are invited to the above events.
i) The master of ceremonies is appointed Mr.. Apostolos Partonas, employee of the Press Office & Of Public Relations of the Region of Western Macedonia.
j) It is pointed out that the festive events, will be done in accordance with the applicable health regulations, at the time of their execution, to prevent the possible spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.