According to the Extraordinary Weather Bulletin issued by the National Meteorological Service (ΕΜΥ), μεταβολή του καιρού προβλέπεται από την Κυριακή (05-09-2021) and from the west, with main features:
1. The locally heavy rains and thunderstorms, οι οποίες θα επηρεάσουν
κυρίως τη δυτική, κεντρική και βόρεια χώρα και θα συνοδεύονται από
ισχυρούς ανέμους και κυρίως στα βόρεια πρόσκαιρα από χαλαζοπτώσεις.
2. The noticeable drop in temperature of the order of 5 with 6 degrees
Celsius, στα δυτικά και τα βόρεια την Κυριακή και στις υπόλοιπες
περιοχές τη Δευτέρα.
Τα έντονα φαινόμενα αναμένεται να εξασθενήσουν μέχρι τις πρωινές ώρες της Δευτέρας (6-9-2021).
The Directorate of Civil Protection has informed the competent services involved, as well as the Municipalities of the Region, to be on high alert for Civil Protection, in order to deal immediately with the effects of severe weather events
At the same time, he advises citizens to be especially careful, taking care of take self-protection measures by risks arising from the occurrence of severe weather events.
particularly, in areas where heavy rainfall is forecast, storms or gale-force winds:
- Insure items that, if swept away by severe weather, could cause damage or injury.
- Make sure that the gutters and gutters of the houses are not blocked and are operating normally.
- Avoid crossing torrents and streams, on foot or by vehicle, during storms and rainfall, but also for several hours after the end of their event
- Avoid rural work and activities in the sea and coastal areas during severe weather (risk of lightning strikes).
- Take immediate precautions during a hailstorm. Take refuge in a building or car and do not leave the safe area, only when they make sure the storm is over. Hail can also be very dangerous for animals.
- Avoid crossing under large trees, under hanging signs and generally from areas, where light objects (e.g. pots, broken windows etc.) may detach and fall to the ground (e.g. under balconies).
- To faithfully follow the instructions of the locally competent bodies, such as Traffic, etc..
Citizens can be informed about measures for self-protection from severe weather phenomena on the website of the Region of Western Macedonia, to the email address: www.pdm.gov.gr/politics-prostasia /