Consumers will see increases in electricity bills from August 1, as the Energy Regulatory Authority approved the adjustment of the transmission network usage fees proposed by IPTO, with the Administrator claiming that it concerns a minimum percentage of charge.
According to the decision of RAE posted on Diavgeia, charges increase:
* For low voltage home consumers against 3,3%. Specifically, energy bill goes up to 0,56 euros per kilowatt hour, from 0,542 euros per kilowatt hour that was valid for 2019 and 2020. At the same time, the charge of agreed power supply per year remains unchanged and to be precise 0,13 euros per kVA.
* For low-voltage household consumers and beneficiaries of CTO and large families against 3%. Specifically, energy bill goes up to 0,62 euros per kilowatt hour, from 0,602 euros per kilowatt hour.
* For other low voltage customers, namely businesses and street lighting, against 6,5%.
More specifically, energy bill goes up to 0,52 euros per kilowatt hour, against 0,488 euros per kilowatt hour. A marginal reduction was decided for the charge of the agreed power supply per year and to be precise it falls to 0,51 from 0,52 euros per kVA.
* For medium voltage customers (medium and large companies) against 15,6%. More specifically, the power charge was set to 1.384 EUR / MW (Megawatt) maximum monthly value of the average hourly demand during peak hours (11 a.m. – 2 m.) per month. The previous charge was at 1.197 euro.
* For high voltage customers (energy consuming and heavy industry) the charge is reduced by 2%. The power charge was set to 23.560 per MW per year, against 24.062 euro.
However, sources from IPTO emphasize that in a 4-month household bill, total height 448 euro, the increase of the IPTO fee will amount to just 36 euro cents.
At the same time, The same sources note that with the projects of electrical interconnections implemented by IPTO, The burden on consumers through Utilities should be reduced.
This is because SGIs are charged to all consumers in order to share the cost of polluting local production units, which, however, cease to operate as soon as the islands are interconnected.
Indicatively, it is mentioned that with the interfaces of Syros, Paros and Mykonos (2018) and Naxos (2020) SGIs should be reduced by 60 million. euros per year.
Home account (low voltage)
* Total account amount: 448€
* Supplier charges: 257,23€
* Adjustable charges: 129,84€
* IPTO charge: 11,68€
* New IPTO charge: 12,07€
So increase 0,36 euros or 0,08% on a total account