What changes in the preparation of OAED programs for over 65.000 beneficiaries.
The Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs is planning radical changes in the training program in the draft law for the modernization of OAED with the main goal of evaluating and certifying both the training providers and the trainees..
Immediately after, the recovery of the resources of the Recovery Fund for the implementation of training and retraining programs from the Recovery Fund will begin.. According to Mr.. Hatzidaki, in the immediate future, resources of both the Recovery Fund and the current and the new NSRF will be utilized., in order to increase the performance of Greece in the so-called skills matching, that is, matching the skills of the workforce with the needs of the labor market. In particular it has been secured 1 billion for 500.000 beneficiaries.
In more detail:
150.000 beneficiaries to have received a training certificate by the end of it 2022 and overall 500.000 at the end 2025.
Also provided 131 from. euros for training programs for 78.000 beneficiaries up to 2025.
At the same time they have been secured 540 from. euros to create 74.000 new jobs.
In more detail:
-12.000 internship by 18-30 years
– 10.000 jobs 1-2 years for special groups of the population unemployed mothers with disabilities, victims of abuse
-10.000 jobs 18 months, for over 45 years for western Macedonia and western Greece
– 15.000 6-month jobs in areas of high demand
– 5.000 jobs employment 15 months in environmental and green economy businesses
– 22.500 jobs in local economies.
Height resources will also be available 100 million euros for innovative pilot projects for 31.500 unemployed.
Specifically, new programs are being planned that will be funded by the Recovery Fund:
– Complete skills upgrade / retraining and short-term employment program.
– Targeted employment program in areas of high long-term unemployment.
– Targeted program for specific population groups with significant barriers to labor market integration / reintegration.
– Short-term program for gaining work experience for young unemployed.
– Expansion of "open type" pilot actions.
– Initiative to create new jobs in the green economy.
According to the design, until the end 2021 at least a quarter will be available, namely 250 million from 1 billion. euros in skills upgrade programs. OAED will have a central role in the "leverage" of these funds, as the Agency assumes a significant part of the responsibility for the big bet of reforming the training framework.
The government and the responsible Minister of Labor have repeatedly pointed out that they are working on two fundamental reforms.:
– The first concerns the redesign of the training system in order to address the chronic inherent pathogenesis we have identified.
– The second reform concerns the reform of passive employment policies with the aim of strengthening the social security network and promoting labor market participation.. The aim of the government is the faster reintegration of the unemployed into the labor market with more skills and the cessation of payment of an unpaid allowance.
The way in which employees are trained will be modernized through the legislation that is being promoted., in order for the certification to be of a high level and based on international standards that will meet the needs of the labor market.
The new training programs will focus on the following categories:
Basic digital skills. The actions will target the long-term unemployed and those who do not have basic digital skills, are disconnected from work, as well as public sector employees, including teachers who may lack basic digital skills.
Intermediate digital skills in sales, marketing, customer management etc.. in matters of data analysis, digital marketing, programming, network support, digital design, etc.. The actions will be aimed at employees in the private sector, especially those at high risk of unemployment and SME workers, as well as to public sector employees in jobs that require intermediate skills, including teachers who use digital learning tools in their classrooms.
"Green" skills, related to the transition to a green economy. It concerns training programs in specialized green skills, such as skills that support the low carbon industry, climate dependence and natural resource management, with particular emphasis on addressing current and projected STEM skills shortages (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), which can act as an obstacle to green growth.
OAED is already collaborating for the implementation of training programs with companies of global giants in this field, such as Google, Cisco, Amazon.