The method of calculation for road tax changes from the new year.
Anyone who acquires a new vehicle from 2021 θα πρέπει να ελέγξει πόσους ρύπους εκπέμπει το όχημα με βάση το πρότυπο Worldwide Light Test Procedure (Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicle Testing Procedure). This template, emits more pollutants than before.
That is, the same vehicle will appear on paper to emit more pollutants than previously calculated. If the scale of calculation of traffic fees, remained unchanged, we would have a significant increase in road tax for all new vehicles.
However, with a legislative provision incorporated in a bill submitted to Parliament last night, a new tax scale is foreseen which is as follows:
· Από 0 to 122 grams of carbon dioxide per kilometer no road tax is levied
· Από 123 to 139 grams of carbon dioxide per kilometer, the end is 0,64 euros per gram.
· Από 140 to 166 grams of carbon dioxide per kilometer, the end is 0,7 euros per gram.
· Από 167 to 208 grams of carbon dioxide per kilometer, the end is 0,85 euros per gram.
· Από 209 to 224 grams of carbon dioxide per kilometer, the end is 1,87 euros per gram.
· Από 225 to 240 grams of carbon dioxide per kilometer, the end is 2,2 euros per gram.
· Από 241 to 260 grams of carbon dioxide per kilometer, the end is 2,5 euros per gram.
· Από 261 to 280 grams of carbon dioxide per kilometer, the end is 2,7 euros per gram.
· Από 281 grams and above, the end is 2,85 euros per kilometer.
This new scale will apply to passenger cars registered for the first time in an EU Member State from 1 January 2021 and then based on carbon dioxide emission values (grams of CO2 per kilometer) according to the World Harmonized Light Vehicle Test Procedure (Worldwide Light Test Procedure), as stated on the vehicle license, and only if these prices are in accordance with those indicated on the Certificate of Conformity or other supporting document submitted to customs for the purposes of calculating registration fees, according to the provisions of par. 8 of the article 121 of the National Customs Code (ν. 2960/2001).
In case the prices do not agree, take into account the pollutant prices listed on the Certificate of Conformity or other supporting documents submitted to customs”
Traffic fees for passenger cars for private use, for two-wheelers, tricycles for private use as well as for private passenger cars, trailers, semi-trailers (caravans) are indivisible and are due for the whole year regardless of the time period released within the year. These vehicles are considered to have been released for the whole year if they are not immobilized for the whole year.