It ended yesterday 19-10-2021 the consultation on the Draft Law (Σ / Ν) of the Ministry of Development and Investment with the auspicious title ¨Just development transition and regulation of specific de-ligation issues¨.
This piece of legislation is clearly a technocratic text with overly detailed regulation of formal procedures and provocative absence of substantive issues.. The obvious observation is that they are absent from the whole text 3 keywords the words "society", "Local Government" and "University of Western Macedonia".
The devaluation of the local elected institutions, of local academic structures but especially the devaluation of the local community is obvious. It is not only the minimum time of six days that the S / N was put to consultation, is not the fact that none of the proposals of the administrative structure of the local bodies were included in it but it is the sense of anachronistic guardianship, elitism and indifference that exudes for the place, which did not allow its authors to envisage even an annex of their newly established structures for Western Macedonia, the former energy heart of the country.
And the reasonable questions that arise are:
- how to ensure the continuation of the operation of District Heating when the only reference made is the possibility of the newly established Inter-District District Heating Company of Western Macedonia to undertake the development of a network of heat transmission pipelines and through program contracts provide the required thermal energy to existing district heating services which is priced according to the operating rules of the electricity market; There is therefore an unnecessary mediation without any reference to stability and price subsidy for users.
- how the control and meritocratic evaluation of the proposed investments by a company is ensured, the "Transition SA" which Ταιcan accept and make sponsorships as part of its mission and for the successful fulfillment of its purpose and objectives¨ and operates with full private financial criteria; Where the need for job coverage by local labor is foreseen; Where is the control of the socio-economic impact of each investment provided but also the basic principles of sustainable investments; At no point in the S / N unfortunately.
- What is the view of the Commissioner for Social Cohesion in the EU?, Eliza Ferreira on the complete absence of any reference to the infamous social cohesion, but also social participation; She is the same commissioner who with her visit and her presence in Western Macedonia was used as an alibi for the supposedly high importance of the opinion of the local communities. A visit which took place in a closed circle, λεω covid, in which this major issue was not raised by any attendee.
Instead of all the above we have the establishment of a new company, of "Metasi SA".
- A company that will include the mining areas of PPC, that is 164.000 acres of 247.000 acres in Western Macedonia and Megalopolis that currently belong to PPC in which it will undertake the restoration and exploitation.
- A company that in addition to lands, designs, licensing and in general the management of infrastructure projects in the areas of SDAM, will be able to undertake the attraction, evaluation, support and acceleration of investment proposals and projects that will be included in development laws.
- A company that will be managed by a 5-member Board of Directors which will be appointed by the government and will be based in Athens without any concern for participation in that of Local Government and political consent in the person of the Governor to ensure continuity in the implementation of policies.
- A company that will operate in derogation of any existing public works legislation, supplies, recruitment, etc to expedite proceedings.
- A company for which it would not be strange if a future law provides for the criminal amnesty of the members of the Board of Directors, as happened with the HRDH, since it will operate with a very wide range of responsibilities.
- A super company essentially.
And PPC where it is in all this; The PPC that on 71 consecutive years operated privileged in our area, who took and gave, είναι η μεγάλη κερδισμένη και επομένως καθίσταται πλέον ακόμη μεγαλύτερο φιλέτο για τον οποιοδήποτε επίδοξο επενδυτή προκύψει από την ιδιωτικοποίησή της αφού:
- The concession of 164.000 acres in the “Transition of AEDs is done without the restoration and therefore a cost of the order of 2 about billion euros (has not been clarified yet) it leaves her back and it is still unknown how it will be covered.
- Μέσω της ΔΕΗ Ανανεώσιμες και της Γερμανικής RWE συνεχίζει να επιχειρεί στην περιοχή δεσμεύοντας τις πιο κατάλληλες εκτάσεις των ορυχείων για την εγκατάσταση των δικών της φωτοβολταϊκών.
- It is granted the right to use and exploit the areas and related infrastructure that are transferred, for as long as lignite activity is allowed in them and the power plants continue to operate.
- The S / N facilitates PPC's investments in the region without any concern for return to the region on behalf of these investments.
- With a Program Contract between YP.EN., Go SA. and PPC, ratified by Parliament, may be entrusted with the implementation of new land uses. Therefore, PPC will determine the uses in our territories in which the Region of Western Macedonia operates without any right to speak.
We are not impressed by the fact that the concept of the Fair Transition Observatory no longer exists, which was a fair request of all local actors, but is replaced by a reduced responsibilities service structure called the Objective Monitoring Department.
After all this, the Movement proposed to the Municipal Council the sending of a joint letter from all the factions in which the opposition of the highest institution of the Municipality of Kozani to the degradation and devaluation of our place would be succinctly and clearly demonstrated and the withdrawal of the draft law would be proposed. overall because it does not meet both morally and substantially the needs but also the obligations towards a place that it supported for 71 years, at a great price, the electrification and progress of this country. Unfortunately, the decision of the Municipal Authority was to participate in this sham process.
According to a recent article in Kathimerini, "Metavasi SA" is specific to "Athens 2004" in terms of facilities and scope of responsibilities. Unfortunately, as we all know, "Athens 2004" organized successful games but left behind trunks and debts. Let us hope that the same will not happen in the case of Western Macedonia and we will not end up in a few years to find that the operation was successful, the patient died¨ because in this case the ¨sick¨ ¨ is our place and our future is at stake.
For the Municipal Movement "Kozani Place to Live"