This diet is low in fat, fibers, and simple sugars, which helps the stomach empty and reduce acid production. So, helps reduce the symptoms and discomfort caused by gastritis.
in this article, We will give you some tips to create a proper diet for gastritis. Gastritis is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach which causes discomfort, heartburn, even nausea and vomiting. People with chronic gastritis are often afraid to eat certain things to avoid discomfort.
What causes gastritis?;
Μία από τις συχνότερες αιτίες πρόκλησης γαστρίτιδας είναι μια λοίμωξη που προκαλείται από ένα βακτήριο με το όνομα Ελικοβακτηρίδιο του πυλωρού. In developed countries, this bacterium can infect up to 50% of the population, if only the 15% will get sick from this disease.
Αυτό δείχνει ότι η εμφάνιση της γαστρίτιδας εξαρτάται ιδιαίτερα από γενετικούς ή περιβαλλοντικούς παράγοντες (food, smoking, etc.). However, There are other causes of gastritis such as:
- Continued use of certain medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (ΜΣΑΦ), for example aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Excessive alcohol consumption, tobacco, or drugs.
- Autoimmune diseases such as malignant anemia.
- High levels of stress, as this increases gastric fluid and causes the so-called nervous gastritis.
- Overconsumption of heavy or spicy foods.
Diet for gastritis - What diet should a person with gastritis make?;
A diet for gastritis should be nutritious and healthy. In this we should reduce and avoid the consumption of foods that will irritate the stomach, while we should increase the consumption of foods that have a soothing or positive effect on it.
With proper nutrition it is possible to improve digestion, reduction of pain and other symptoms, hence inflammation and intestinal discomfort. It is very important to remember that medical supervision is required to treat gastritis.
Diet for gastritis - General dietary guidelines for gastritis
When preparing a diet for people suffering from gastritis, you should take the following tips into account:
- Meals should be light: It it's necessary, you can eat more often, but you should avoid eating until you are full.
- Prefer healthy foods for the stomach: Potatoes, rice, carrots, pumpkin, cooked cabbage, apples, ripe bananas, and olive oil.
- Light cooking: It is better to steam, to make boiled, puree, or soups. Avoid pancakes, the grill, baking, or other very dry or uncooked foods.
- Do not drink anything too hot.
- Drink water throughout the day.
Diet for gastritis - Examples of daily diet
Remember that although this diet will help you reduce the pain and discomfort caused by gastritis, is not a cure.
- Semi-skimmed milk with sugar / Yoghurt.
- White bread with jam / Cookies / Two slices of white bread with turkey or ham.
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream cheese.
- Roasted fruit or compote / Peach, apple, or grape juice.
- Side dish: Pumpkin puree / Boiled potatoes with celery / Rice with vegetables / White spaghetti cooked with ham or bacon, zucchini, and eggplant.
- Main dish: Roasted chicken leg without the skin / Grilled beef / Boiled cod / Merlan cod in the oven.
- Dessert: Ripe banana / Peach in syrup / Roasted pumpkin / Cream with sugar / Homemade cream from skim milk.
- Tea or infusion with a few cookies / Natural yogurt / Light fruit
- Appetizer: Boiled green beans, carrots, and potatoes / Vegetable puree / Chicken soup with noodles / Bouranza and potato.
- Main dish: Grilled chicken breast with steamed potatoes / Roasted ham / Grilled tongue with cooked carrots / Halibut in the oven / Egg or zucchini omelette.
- Dessert: Baked apple / Ripe pear / Fresh cheese with quince jelly / Vanilla cream
Note: If you want to improve your digestion, drink more infusions with strong digestive properties.
End, Remember that you should not limit your diet too much. Use our tips as a guide and always remember your personal preferences and dietary restrictions.
also, try to make your diet, Within this context, όσο πιο ισορροπημένη και με ποικιλία μπορείτε. In addition, you can gradually introduce more foods into your diet, as long as your condition improves.