Three reports- tributes to 200 years since its Revolution 1821 prepared by Municipality of Kozani in collaboration with Coventry Municipal Library (ΚΔΒΚ) and Art Workshop of Cultural Sports Organization & Youth (OAPN) .
The two exhibitions will operate at KDBK premises (in the exhibition space and the foyer) and the third at the Lassani Mansion.
- George Lassanis: The Kozanitis Homo universalis (Wednesday 25 August to Thursday 30 September).
Exhibition dedicated to George Lassanis, Kozanitis homo universalis will operate in the showroom of the KDBK building from Wednesday 25 August.
Through the printed and archival material that exists in the treasures of the Library, the, about, one hundred years of history and action (1793-1870) of, aiming at the presentation of the life and work of Georgios Lassanis. A personality- symbol which is a bright example, as he was Friendly, teacher, scholar, author, warrior, Minister, public official, and connected his life with the vision of liberation and the creation of the modern Greek state, giving all his forces both for the national liberation and for the upliftment of the newly formed state and the Greek society that was coming out of the National Uprising damned and hungry.
The exhibition narrative of Lassanis's life is done through paintings, printed items and rare archival material of the Library, which are framed by explanatory tables and photographs. All these are the twelve sections that will enliven his biography, but also the various qualities he acquired in his life. Alongside, will also give a brief picture of Lassanis through the eyes of later generations and the efforts made to date to highlight the whole of his work and especially the,what the Koventari Municipal Library of Kozani has.
Working hours: Monday- Friday 10:00-19:00
Schools or other organized groups, can visit and be guided in the exhibition, on working days from 09.00 up to 15.00, by appointment, which can be closed by calling 2451049319 (inside. 148).
- "The Libraries of Macedonia in Local History"- (Wednesday 1 until Friday 10 September)
The Koventari Municipal Library of Kozani participates with the libraries of Macedonia, and the War Museum of Thessaloniki in honor of their anniversary 200 years since the Greek Revolution through an inter-municipal exhibition of evidence.
Each library created up to three descriptive presentation banners, banner, which are the main body of the exhibition, in order to highlight the historical events of the period of the Greek Revolution in the regions of Macedonia, while historical relics used by the Greeks are also presented 1821 from the collection of Vassilis Nikoltsios.
Highlighting its material, the banners of K.D.V.K.. depict the Map of Riga and two historical figures of the area: George K.. Sakellarios and Georgios Lassanis.
The exhibition started from Thessaloniki on 5 April and will tour all the regions of Macedonia that participate.
The actors participate in the exhibition:
- Vafopouleio Cultural Center of Thessaloniki,
- Thessaloniki History Center,
- Alexandria Municipal Library,
- Municipal Library of Axioupolis "Dimitrios E.. Economou »,
- Thermi Municipal Library,
- Central Municipal Library of Thessaloniki,
- Municipal Library of Katerini,
- Kastoria Municipal Library "Athanasios Christopoulos",
- Coventry Municipal Library of Kozani
- Lagada Municipal Library
- Municipal Library of Litochoro,
- Naoussa Municipal Library,
- Municipal Library N.. Moudania,
- Municipal Library of Panorama
- Municipal Library of Polygyros,
- Municipal Library of Polykastro,
- Municipal Library of Ptolemaida
- Public Central Library of Grevena,
- Edessa Public Central Library
- Public Central Library of Serres,
- Siatista Public Central Library "Manousia",
- Public Central Library of Florina "Vasiliki Pitoska",
- GISS War Museum. Thessaloniki.
Working hours: Monday- Friday 10:00-19:00
- A Short Journey into the life of Georgios Lassanis (Sunday 5 until Saturday 18 September)
The thread of collective memory, 200 years after the beginning of the Greek Revolution, unfolds in the consciousnesses of the present, looking for form in space and time. The Art Workshop of the Municipality of Kozani, attempts this stylization, with reference to the face of the Kozani visionary Georgios Lassanis, through an art installation in the mansion where he was born and raised, in the homonymous square.
A wandering in the most important moments of life through a variety of artistic practices - painting, jewel, embroidery, installation - pre(σ)calling on memory to unite with yesterday and today.
His diverse personality and his contribution to the national liberation were the cornerstone of the visual narrative, unfolding through eight "Memory Stops", including small visualizations of the story, embodied in his space, in that small alcove of his room, that the thread of his life began to intertwine with the eternal.
Collaborative work of visual artists Eleni Dinopoulou, Vicky Eleftheriadou, Elena Zerva and jewelry artists Eleonoras Gavalidou and Eleni Siousti of the Art Workshop of the Municipality of Kozani.
Working hours: Wednesday 11:00-13:00 και Τρίτη, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 19:00 – 21:00.
Schools can visit the exhibition by appointment at tel. 2461029843 (Mrs. Bomb and Mrs. Liakou) and beyond 18/9, throughout September and October.