Με αφορμή την έναρξη της νέας σχολικής περιόδου σήμερα (11-09-2018) διανεμήθηκαν από ένστολους αστυνομικούς ενημερωτικά φυλλάδια με συμβουλές οδικής ασφάλειας και κυκλοφοριακής αγωγής σε μαθητές και γονείς, κατά τη προσέλευσή τους στα σχολικά συγκροτήματα των Γρεβενών, of Kastoria, of Kozani and Florina, για την καθιερωμένη τελετή αγιασμού.
Πρόκειται για μία πρωτοβουλία του Αρχηγείου της Ελληνικής Αστυνομίας που έχει ως στόχο να ενημερώσει και να ευαισθητοποιήσει γονείς και μαθητές σε θέματα οδικής ασφάλειας, ιδίως κατά τις μετακινήσεις τους από και προς τα σχολικά συγκροτήματα.
The General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia, ιδιαίτερα ευαισθητοποιημένη σε θέματα οδικής ασφάλειας, recalls some helpful tips for better informing parents, των εκπαιδευτικών και των οδηγών.
The parents they can:
- Look for and choose the safest route for their child to get to and from school.
- To travel this route many times with him, so as to capture it properly, to know all the peculiarities and peculiarities of the route and consequently the possible dangers.
- Teach him to stop on the sidewalk, before crossing to the opposite side of the road. Teach him to carefully control the road left and right and to cross it only when he is absolutely sure that no vehicles are passing.
- Teach him to understand correctly when a vehicle is far or near him. A bad estimate can lead to an accident.
- Always hold the child by the hand, which must walk on the inside of the sidewalk.
- Teach him that even at crosswalks he must be just as careful. In this case, too, the careful control of the road on the right and left applies.
- Especially in the evening, the yellow color on the child's clothes or reflective stickers, help drivers better understand its presence on the road.
- If there is a lack or damage to traffic lights or signs at school or on the road (road signs), to immediately inform the competent bodies.
Remember that parents are the ones who give the first traffic lessons to the child.
The school principals and teachers, to help enhance the level of road safety of students, they can:
- Introduce students to the simple rules of safe road behavior, as in the exclusive use of crossings and traffic lights, to avoid dangerous toys inside and outside the school, on the road etc..
- To select with strict criteria the vehicles they use for the movements of the students and to make sure that they are perfectly suitable (recently tested, have seat belts, firefighting equipment etc.), in order to ensure safe transport conditions.
- To monitor the road behavior of drivers and escorts, used on school buses.
- To inform the local Traffic Services before making an excursion, to check the bus and its driver, but also information of all Traffic Services along the route of the excursion.
- Visit the "traffic education parks", to educate students in safe traffic.
The above does not shift the work of the Traffic Police to parents and teachers, but at the same time and jointly due to their position can make a decisive contribution to the prevention of road accidents.
The drivers they can:
- When passing outside kindergartens, kindergartens, schools, playgrounds and parks where they circulate, students and young children attend and play, to drive with increased attention and slower speed.
- When carrying small children and students, to use the rear seat, special seats and seat belts.
Καλή και ασφαλή σχολική χρονιά, σε όλους!