Uniform health benefits in kind for all the insured will be provided by the Unified Regulation of Sickness Benefits and other benefits of e-EFKA that comes in a few months.
The adoption of the single benefit regulation will bring about significant changes in the amount of benefits provided by each Fund, such as sickness benefit or funeral expenses, in the camping and maternity allowance but also in other benefits, as in occupational accident benefits. Changes, according to social security experts, will lead to benefits equal to the levels currently granted by the former IKA. Thus insured and retired of the former noble funds (DEKO), Banks, and self-employed scientists who receive rich cash benefits such as sickness benefits or funeral expenses will see their benefits cut.
The Ministry of Labor sets up a working group which will deliver a report by 26 February 2021 to the Deputy Minister of Labor and Social Affairs P.. Tsakloglou for the single benefits for all the insured from all the funds. This is because thousands of former insurers and retirees of the noble funds (DEKO), of the State and self-employed scientists receive rich cash benefits, for sickness benefits or funeral expenses as opposed to those insured by other funds (IKA-OGA etc.) where benefits are limited.
The insured in the banking sector (except those who maintain their own health and welfare funds) pay exorbitant amounts for funeral expenses as in the former TAP-OTE and the former TSMEDE at the same time that the former IKA pays 800 euros as funeral expenses.
The delay in the provision of single benefits to all the insured of the funds, with the adoption of a single benefit regulation, attributed by the Ministry of Labor to the difficulty of the project to equalize disparities, until today, benefits provided by the main insurance funds before they are covered, at present only administratively, to the Unified Social Security Institution (ΕΦΚΑ).
The finding will focus on cash benefits, namely:
1. Illness allowance.
2. Occupational accident allowance.
3. Maternity allowance.
4. Funeral expenses.
5. Camping facilities.
6. Other benefits.
All of the above fields need to be approached in terms of:
1. The conditions for inclusion in the insurance for cash benefits.
2. The coverage area.
3. The amount of benefits.
4. The range of beneficiaries.
5. The process of granting benefits.
6. Any other necessary issues.
The finding should contribute substantially and effectively to the preparation of the Unified Regulation of Sickness and Other Benefits of e-EFKA. Therefore, it must thoroughly examine the current situation per e-EFKA Agency. In this context, an earlier conclusion of the Working Group that was formed with the decision under data 38125 / Δ9.11605 / 16-08-2017 and was delivered in July can be utilized. 2019.
The Working Group consists of the following members:
1. Karasiotou Pavlina, Secretary General of Social Insurance of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, as President.
2. Tsagaropoulos Konstantinos, Deputy Commander of e-EFKA, as a member, with the duties of Deputy President.
3. Rizou Anna, Head of the Directorate of Special Insurance and Benefits of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, as a member.
4. Papanikolaou Konstantina, Head of the Department of Insurance and Benefits of Disability Assessment and Special Issues of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, as a member, with Karachristou Theodora as deputy, Head of the Department for the Implementation of European Union Regulations of the same Ministry.
5. Drakopoulos Vassilios, Employee of the Department of Pension Benefits and Other Benefits in Money of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, as a member, with Deputy Beka on Sunday, Head of the same Department and Ministry.
6. Niarchos Panagiotis, Employee of the Department of Financial Analysis and Reports of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, as a member, with Iatridis Nikolaos as deputy, Employee of the same Department and Ministry.
7. Fournarou Evangelia, Head of Directorate B.’ E-EFKA benefits, as a member, with Vassilios Vassiliki as deputy, Head of Directorate A.’ Benefits of the same Body.
8. Petrakou Dionysia, Associate in the Office of the Minister of Labor and Social Affairs, as a member.
9. Pheasant Apostle, Associate in the Office of the Deputy Minister of Labor and Social Affairs, as a member, with replacement Karakitsios Alexandros, Partner in the same Office.
10. Brettos Konstantinos, Director of the Office of the Secretary General of Social Security of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, as a member, with Zeybekou Evangelia as deputy, Associate in the Office of the Secretary General of Social Insurance of the same Ministry.