This bill is being prepared in the Committee on Production and Trade and in Plenary I wanted to speak, because it is very important and is interested in my area, the Prefecture of Kozani, where we have too many breeders, who are having problems with the stables.
Some of them were close to residential areas, some had constructions that could not be legalized and of course, it is not so easy to transfer or so simply resolve these issues.
In the past the breeders suffered and had, really, terrible impasses.
The Government of New Democracy and the Ministry, touched on these issues.
I have information from many, who call me, and they say to me "well done for taking these steps" and finally they are facilitated in one, two, three, four areas.
Not all problems are solved, sure. We still have a lot to understand and Unemployment and the country's economy are supported by helping the livestock sector.
Therefore, we will have to take other steps, this is understandable. Nevertheless, already what is happening,
- with the reducing the distance from residential areas,
- from the possibility to modify the operating license in specific facilities that are close to residential areas, as long as the livestock increases and
- the possibility to obtain a legalization permit stable facilities, which would be demolished after a short time, as provided by previous laws, that is,, in three months. It has now been done for more than nine months, -because it may have been extended for another three months- and is a facility that enables those interested in proceeding with this measure.
When we talk about that we must not only support the organized, the big funds, but also to the younger ones, we have to prove this with an intervention, with a law, with a suggestion.
There has been no such support in the past, today it is done and it is very positive.
→ also, I would like to refer to extension given to 40% of the advance payment to ELGA, which can be given until the end of December, because this limit had expired.
also, to report to the Ministry, that
in our prefecture we have areas that have high quality production of apples, in cherries and for very few days did not manage to join the statements properly, because they were in a pre-flowering stage.
I think we need to get in the mood and find a way to compensate, which is already being studied, as I know all this time, because:
- we are talking about strong units,
- we are talking about farmers who are engaged and provide many jobs,
- we are talking about financial support of the region, an area that needs it because it is also in a transition, due to changes in energy production and environmental protection.
Therefore, Well, farmers and stockbreeders, we lean on this dimension. We hope in the Ministry, already the first steps give a lot of hope in this direction and we will be in cooperation, in order to solve issues and move forward.