The General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia publishes a total of statistics on road safety and traffic policing for the month December of the year 2021, in the territorial jurisdiction of the Police Directorates Grevena, Of Kastoria, Kozani and Florina. The publication of the data is accompanied by statistics – figures for the corresponding month last year.
a. Car accidents
In the territorial jurisdiction of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia, were noted 3 car accidents in December 2021, against 2 in the corresponding month 2020.
In particular, they were noted:
- no fatal car accident, like the 2020.
- no serious traffic accidents, like the 2020.
- 3 minor traffic accidents, against 2 the 2020.
The traffic accidents that occurred in urban and rural areas of the Police Directorates were recorded in total 3 sufferers, against 2 in the corresponding month 2020.
In particular, they were recorded:
- no dead, like the 2020.
- no seriously injured, like the 2020.
- 3 slightly injured, against 2 the 2020.
The main causes of traffic accidents, as evidenced by the police traffic search, it was:
- Excessive speed
- Not using a seat belt
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- The movement in the opposite current
- Worn tires
- The use of a mobile phone
- The non-use of a protective helmet
- The non-use of child seats
- Violation of the red signal
- Illegal maneuvers
- The illegal overtaking
b. Traffic Police Activities
The Traffic Police Services of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia are located on constant alert, applying specific design, providing for road safety and traffic policing measures for the safe movement of vehicles and citizens, as well as to prevent and prevent accidents and accidents throughout the road network.
In the context of traffic actions, the month December of the year 2021, confirmed 1.072 violations, as follows:
- 691 violations for excessive speed,
- 185 violations of commercial vehicles,
- 62 violations for K.T.E.O.,
- 56 infringements for non-use of seat belts,
- 37 violations for driving under the influence of alcohol (intoxication),
- 13 violations of traffic in the opposite direction of traffic,
- 9 infringements for using a mobile phone while driving,
- 7 violations for worn tires,
- 5 infringements for violating a red signal,
- 3 infringements for unlawful maneuvering,
- 2 infringements for non-use of child seats and
- 2 infringements for illegal overtaking.
c. Road Safety Tips
Greek Police are very sensitive to safe driving and road safety issues, in order to help reduce traffic accidents, reminds all drivers and road users that Road safety is a matter for all of us.
In this context, drivers must comply with the provisions of the Road Traffic Code, drive with prudence and care and follow the instructions and advice of Traffic Staff.
We must not forget that driving safely means:
- I am learning and applying the Road Traffic Code
- I am constantly focused on driving and controlling the vehicle
- When I drive I have not consumed alcoholic beverages
- I do not violate the speed limits
- I'm not violating the red signal
- I always wear a seat belt
- I don't talk on my cell phone when I'm driving
- I place the children in a child seat in the back of the car and wear a seat belt
- In case I drive or am a passenger on a motorcycle, I always wear a helmet
- I stop at STOP and give priority
- I respect the signals and instructions of the traffic wardens.
The above tips will be constantly repeated in order to contribute to the consolidation of traffic and road culture..
For more helpful advice on road accident prevention and road safety, citizens can visit the Greek Police website http://www.hellenicpolice.gr.