The Municipality of Kozani informs the citizens, that in the coming days there will be very high temperatures, mainly during the day (heat conditions), which are likely to cause problems, particularly vulnerable groups of citizens (elderly, children and people with chronic health problems).
To deal with the heat, citizens are required to apply the following protection guidelines:
- Avoid sun exposure, mainly at noon and stay in shady and cool places without overcrowding.
- Avoid heavy physical work, especially in areas with high temperatures, apnea and high humidity, long walks or running in the sun
- Take a warm shower during the day and if necessary place wet covers on the head and neck.
- We wear light, comfortable and light colored clothes, from natural material, hat and black or dark colored glasses with special coating that protect from the reflection of the sun.
- We prefer light and small meals with emphasis on fruits and vegetables. We reduce fats. We drink plenty of fluids (water and fruit juices). If we sweat a lot, we add salt to our food. We avoid alcoholic beverages.
- We take care of our family members who suffer from chronic diseases. We consult their doctor for the implementation of special instructions for those taking medication.
It is noted, that the Municipality of Kozani will allocate three air-conditioned rooms for the protection of vulnerable groups, from the 10 in the morning until 8 the evening.
- την αίθουσα του ΚΟΒΕΝΤΑΡΕΙΟΥ until Friday 30 July
- την αίθουσα του ΚΗΦΗ Κοζάνης (Plate 11) until Sunday 1 August
- and the foyer of the Municipal Library until Friday 30 July
When the citizens are present in the air-conditioned rooms, all the health protocols will be observed. (masks, distances, number of people).