To the Ministers of Labor & Social Affairs and Environment & Energy
Theme: Another employer crime with the victims of two employees at a construction site of the lignite center of Western Macedonia of PPC SA
Another fatality was added to the long list of accidents at work, which happened on 12 at noon on Friday(16/4/21), in the cooling tower in the unit 5 at Agios Dimitrios substation in Kozani, confirming that for the profits of PPC SA and the contractors, workers' lives are sacrificed.
Δυο εργαζόμενοι που εργαζόταν σε εργασίες αποθείωσης της 5ης μονάδας του ΑΗΣ Αγ. Dimitriou, they died tragically when the basket they needed for their work fell, from height 100 meters. The specific project was undertaken by subcontracting, company by the contractor AVAX, according to the regular tactics followed by the technical groups in such projects.
The release of energy and then de-lignification, which is a policy of the EU and of all governments over time, aggravated the situation with accidents at work and accidents. It has contributed to maintenance discounts, the control of the technical means and the renewal of the equipment, in lack of measures and means of protection etc.. which in combination with the intensification of work create an explosive mix that costs workers' lives.
The Government has serious responsibilities, which like the previous ones, συνεχίζει στην ίδια κατεύθυνση υποστελέχωσης και υποχρηματοδότησης των αρμόδιων ελεγκτικών μηχανισμών, giving the alien to the big employer to go crazy, as a result, even the minimum measures provided by the respective laws are not applied. This fact strengthens the impunity of employers who in front of the goal of their greatest profitability, do not count the lives of workers.
Με βάση τα παραπάνω με τους αρμόδιους ελεγκτικούς μηχανισμούς υποστελέχωση Questions Mr.. Ministers, what immediate action will the government take for:
- The comprehensive investigation of the work accident, the performance of responsibilities.
- The support of the families of the undefeated workers
- The strengthening of the Mining Inspection of Northern Greece (ΕΜΒΕ) in scientific – technical staff and the corresponding logistical infrastructure, as well as the simultaneous strengthening of the regional directorate of SEPE Western Macedonia, in order to create safe working conditions for all employees through systematic controls
- Ensure the implementation of effective hygiene and safety measures in the workplace
- Taking the necessary measures to ensure employment, insurance rights and employee protection to contractors and PPC.
- The permanent and stable job for all PPC employees. Immediate announcement of recruitment of permanent staff with full rights and simultaneous abolition of contracts and flexible working relationships.
The Members of Parliament