With the wounds of de-ligation, which is in progress, and the people of the area are affected, came the catastrophic frost at night 8-9-10 April, όπως και στα μέσα Μάρτη, almost completely destroying the tree crops, especially the early cherry varieties but damage was also caused to peaches, nectarines, apricots and almond trees.
In addition, great damage was caused to apple crops in all the villages of East-Komnina-Mesovouno-Pyrgi and especially in the last two, where cherry and apple crops are monoculture.
Organic arborists saw the effort of the year wasted, to be left without production and income, while in addition many of the cultivation costs and care in the affected fields have been borne. In fact, at the moment they are already in a difficult position due to the timeless application, under the CAP, government policy (increased production costs, degrading prices on their products, taxation on their meager incomes, exorbitant premiums, constant risk of confiscation - auction of their property).
Από την άλλη αποδεικνύεται ότι οι αγρότες της περιοχής βρίσκονται αντιμέτωποι με την έλλειψη μέτρων προστασίας της παραγωγής από τα καιρικά φαινόμενα (antifreeze protection etc.) αλλά και με τις απαραίτητες υποδομές που θα μπορούσαν να μειώσουν στο ελάχιστο τις ζημιές της αγροτικής παραγωγής.
In the face of this situation MR. Minister, what immediate action will the government take to:
- Take all necessary measures, προκειμένου να γίνουν από τον ΕΛΓΑ άμεσα εκτιμήσεις και οι καταγραφές του συνόλου των ζημιών στις δενδρώδεις καλλιέργειες της περιοχής Βερμίου, in Mesovouno, Pyrgous but also in the East and Komnina all communities of the Municipality of Eordea.
- To hire the necessary permanent staff in ELGA Kozani.
- To finally compensate the farmers fairly and in a timely manner for the 100% of the damage they suffered, not to apply the cutters of articles 7&9 of the ELGA regulation.
- Ensure adequate funding of ELGA based on needs, from the state budget.
- Pay advances of compensation immediately, for the livelihood of arborists and their families.
- Provide for offsetting of insurance contributions and compensations.
- To suspend the payments of the obligations of the affected farmers to DEKO banks, tax etc at least until the payment of compensations for their lost production.
- At the responsibility and expense of the state to use all available means available to the development of science, to ensure prevention of damage caused by frost and hail.
The Members of Parliament