By police officers of the Kozani Security Department, A case was filed against a 29-year-old citizen, for the crime of internet fraud committed five days ago, in Kozani.
Specifically, 47year native complained that he was deceived, as well as after an ad posted on the internet for the sale of a car. car, the 29-year-old contacted him even after he presented him with a false fact as true, persuaded him to give him the vehicle, without, however, paying the agreed fee.
The Kozani Security Department is conducting a preliminary investigation into the case.
On the occasion of this incident, the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia reminds some useful tips to the citizens to avoid being deceived via the internet:
- To verify during electronic transactions, that the agreed amount of money has actually been transferred.
- Do not disclose details of their credit or debit cards to strangers, as well as their personal codes (e-banking, taxisnet, cvv etc.)
- Avoid advancing money to private sellers, whom they do not know, even if they disclose their details or their bank account number.
- Be especially wary when they find ads for the sale of vehicles-motorcycles-mobiles at attractive prices, as a "market opportunity".
- In any case, to seek the intersection of the truth of the sale of a vehicle-motorcycle, their technical examination (in an authorized workshop preferably) before the transaction as well as the demonstration of their marketing authorization, in order to, as far as possible, exclusion of a stolen vehicle-motorcycle case.
- Seek meeting scheduling (appointment) for demonstration of the vehicle to be done in busy places and places and not in deserted locations, for security reasons.
- In case they find out that they have fallen victim to cyber fraud, please notify the Police immediately, even in the event of an attempted fraud against them.
It is emphasized that the perpetrators avoid personal presence with the victims, seeking solely telephone communication with them, through various telephone connections or the mediation of third parties, to minimize the risk of their detection and arrest.