The Regional Directorate of Education of Western Macedonia, the Municipality of Kozani and the Department of Electrical Engineering & Of Computer Engineering of the University of Western Macedonia organize the Student Programming Competition on "Window to the Future" – Kozani: Smart City ". Ο διαγωνισμός υλοποιείται στο πλαίσιο της Στρατηγικής του Δήμου Κοζάνης για την προώθηση του μοντέλου της Smart City για δεύτερη συνεχόμενη χρονιά.
Students of all types school units of the Municipality of Kozani and his students University of Western Macedonia they are called optionally to program in an electronic application their ideas with inspiration, imagination and creativity about the transformation of the Municipality of Kozani into a smart Municipality. We expect, that with their participation, will contribute to the improvement of the living standard of our local community.
We invite students with permission, the consent and encouragement of their parents / guardians and students to take part in the development of their own application in a programming environment. Indicatively the axes are:
- Environment and Energy
- Mobility - Transportation
- Smart Living
- Smart citizens
- Digital Culture
Specifically, the axis Digital Culture is part of its actions Kozani ICT Educational Innovation Pole.
The submission of entries / deliverables can be done by 18/1/2021 to 15/4/2021. The programming application can be implemented with Scratch, Python, Java, Unity etc.. The use of EL / LAC technologies is encouraged.
Each group can consist of one to three students. Every student can submit a participation only.
The evaluation criteria are as follows:
- Compatibility with the theme of the competition (Yes No – Incompatible entries are not evaluated)
- Originality of idea (25%)
- Study of the current situation and clear definition of the problem – emergency (10%)
- Application / game implementation perfection (25%)
- Completeness and quality of application / game documentation (10%)
- Presentation (30%)
The evaluation committee consists of the following members:
- Dimitrios Tzimas (Coordinator of the Educational Project of Informatics of Western Macedonia)
- Nikolaos Ploskas (Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Engineering, University of Western Macedonia)
- Antigone Tsirou (Informatics teacher – Head of Kozani PEKTPE)
- Tolis Tsiroudis (Executive of the Independent ICT Office of the Municipality of Kozani)
- Stamatia Bibi (Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Engineering, University of Western Macedonia)
On a date to be announced, all participants will be notified to present (online or live) the implementation of their proposal. The most complete submissions will be presented at a relevant conference (online or live) που θα λάβει χώρα μετά τη λήξη του διαγωνισμού. In addition, the best ideas will be reflected in the Strategic Plan of the Municipality of Kozani for the promotion of the Smart City model.
Special commendation will be given to all participating students. Those who excel will win prizes as well awards, indicatively such as: drones, training robots, tablets and bicycles.
- The participation of students / three is done exclusively with consent of their parents / guardians.
- Participants: Is adressed to:
- Students of all school units of A / grade and B / grade Education of the Municipality of Kozani.
- Students (undergraduate and postgraduate) of the University of Western Macedonia (of all schools).
- People per entry: 1-3.
- The categories are distinct / independent: Kindergarten - Primary School - High School - Lyceum (ΕΠΑΛ & GEL) - University.
- Intermediate optional support training sessions will take place.
- Programming Application (in a programming language / programming environment of your choice)
- Documentation (idea and code)
Through the website of the Kozani Educational ICT Pole https://blogs.sch.gr/pektpekoz/ you can be informed about the news of the competition.
For any question you can contact at: email@example.com
There you can submit your contact details, if you wish to participate in the intermediate training sessions.
Work submission form
Here https://forms.gle/pqCwH3KB2GquWd6s6 submit the final deliverable-task.