With the article 4 para. 1 of N.. 2703/1999 (Government Gazette 72 / A / 8-4-1999) established the 9the May, day of the end of World War II, as a day of nationwide celebration of the National Resistance 1941-1944 against Nazism and fascism, for the practical return of the price due to the warriors, the fighters, the dead and the victims of the struggle of the Greek people against the enemy occupation troops.
Due to the emergency measures taken to address the risk of COVID-19 coronavirus spread, This year 's events will be held in accordance with applicable health regulations and will include Doxology performance and laying of wreaths with a small number of attendees.
In the city of Kozani on Sunday 9 May, The following events will take place:
Sunday 9 May 2021
1) General flag decoration by 8the morning until sunset on the day of the feast.
2) Lighting of all public stores, of O.T.A., as well as the N.P.D.D. stores. and Banks, from its sunset 9ης May until the next morning.
3) 10:15 a.m.: Official Doxology at the Holy Temple of Agios Nikolaos.
4) 10:30 a.m.: Commemorative prayer in the Central Square of Kozani.
5) Laying wreaths by Messrs.:
- Coordinator of Decentralized Administration of Epirus - West. Of Macedonia
- Governor of Western Macedonia
- Representative of Members of Parliament P.E.. Kozani
- Commander 9ης Brigade M / P
- Mayor of Kozani
- General Police Director of Western Macedonia
- Commander of the Regional Fire Department of West. Of Macedonia
6) One minute silence - National Anthem - End of Ceremony. Official departure.