Oxygen domestic tourism at this time, says the Minister of Labor – What is changing.
The extension of its social tourism program OAED, which usually begins on August 1 and ends at 31 July, decided the management of the Organization.
For the current schedule 2019-2020, which has effectively been suspended since early March, due to the unprecedented situation, that we face, because of his pandemic mockery, the management of OAED decided to extend it until the end of October.
The program is implemented exclusively electronically. Checks are unique electronic numbers, which are recorded in the electronic file of each beneficiary and incorporate a specific financial value, which is the holiday subsidy. The total number and financial value of checks is set on an annual basis and depends on the type and category of the tourist accommodation..
Each year, OAED publishes a Public Invitation for the submission of electronic applications of the interested beneficiaries and companies on specific dates and the number of beneficiaries and beneficiaries is defined..
Beneficiaries of the program are all those, regardless of income, carried out the previous year:
– 50 insurance days in e-EFKA with contributions in favor of OEE or
– received from OAED 50 days of special maternity protection or
– received an unemployment benefit of at least two months (50 daily allowances) the
– gathered 50 days in total from the above (working days, special maternity protection benefit and unemployment subsidy) the
– are registered unemployed in the Special Register of Unemployed Persons with Disabilities of OAED on the deadline for submission of applications.
In the online application, Beneficiaries also declare the beneficiary members of their family, that is, spouses and children, as well as disabled escorts.
The check is granted year after year, unless it is a disability, who can participate in the program every year.
The choice of beneficiaries is done, also, electronically by scoring, with which family details are taken into account, financial and insurance situation.
Criteria are individual or family income, the number of minor children, the number of insurance days of the previous three years and the time of continuous registered unemployment.
For the participation of tourism accommodation companies, it is only necessary to verify their legal operation. The participating companies, are included in a dynamic register, posted on the OAED web portal.
Beneficiaries who receive a check social tourism, freely choose the tourist accommodation they wish from the register and contact the company for the booking of the room in the time period that interests them during the 12-month duration of the program.
Vroutsis: We designed a modern social tourism program, responding to critical conditions, that the Greek economy has fallen into
"At a critical juncture for the Greek economy and society, the government of Kyriakos Mitsotakis, the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, together with the Labor Employment Organization (OAED), support in practice the domestic tourism of the country through the redesign of the social tourism program for the period 2020-2021 "states the Minister of Labor and Social Affairs Giannis Vroutsis, in a written statement.
According to Mr.. Vroutsi, “Domestic tourism, especially at this time, is oxygen to stimulate business activity, which can be achieved by strengthening the social tourism program, a program with a strong social sign.
Our goal is to benefit even more of our fellow citizens and especially all those who are financially weak. We give everyone the opportunity to vacation in a tourist destination of their choice and at the same time we support the tourist enterprises of the country..
In this context, new, enhanced, expanded and qualitatively upgraded social tourism program 2020-2021 is completely different from the past, "said the Minister of Labor.
Specifically, Mr.. Vroutsis points out the following:
«- We are tripling the OAED budget for the social tourism program 2020-2021 from 10 million. euros in 30 million. euro.
– We are doubling the beneficiaries of the program social tourism from 140.000 in 300.000, who will receive the corresponding social tourism checks.
– For the first time, there is a special subsidy for the subsidy of ferry tickets for the beneficiaries of the program, creating strong incentives for holidays in island Greece, on our islands, as, so far, only accommodation in tourist accommodation was subsidized.
– We are increasing OAED's participation in the cost of accommodation and, alongside, we reduce the participation of beneficiaries in all hotels.
– We are increasing the subsidy for hotel accommodation 2-5 star with breakfast.
– We maintain the special framework for social tourism (10 overnight stays, zero private participation) in the islands of Lesvos, Leros, Samos, Chios and Kos and we are part of that, for the first time, the prefecture of Evros.
– We are rising against 20% the maximum duration of the program's nights by 5 in 6 night.
– We reduce the mandatory availability of beds in the summer and the holidays in 25%.
– We give double points and fully cover the ferry tickets to the disabled.
– We extend, until the end of October, the existing social tourism program 2019-2020 and the remaining ones 113.000 checks on social tourism, in order to use them as well, while the social tourism program 2020-2021 will start on August 1st ".
"In conclusion, we designed a new and modern social tourism program, responding to critical conditions, that the Greek economy has come and we have created an attractive environment for all tourism businesses, in order to participate in the program. We have increased the budget for the social tourism program for the time being 2020-2021 and, at the same time, the beneficiaries of the program, in order that 300.000 our fellow citizens this year to make better and better holidays. At this point, I would like to thank the commander of OAED Spyros Protopsaltis, with whom we worked closely in the past, in order to redesign the new social tourism program for the benefit of our socially weak fellow citizens, of workers and businesses that make up the tourism industry "notes the Minister of Labor.