The health authorities are preparing for the opening of the schools while the experts of the Ministry of Health are in intense concern for the suggestions that they should make to the government.. Opening schools looks like a riddle to the hour, since coronavirus cases remain high while the situation in the NSS is still marginal.
Although the government would ideally like to open all levels of education together, so far experts have not reached a definitive conclusion as they expect in the coming days to determine whether the epidemiological situation in the country allows. What is certain is that the schools will be opened with absolute and strict observance of the measures, while on the table remains the scenario of alternate presence of students at school, as reported by valid sources of ethnos.gr.
According to the government spokesman, Stelio Petsa, the children will return to school with sampling checks, after targeted tests will be performed on students to determine the epidemiological burden on children compared to the community.
Everything shows, however, that at 7 At least the primary schools will open in December, γι’ this, after all, and the expert scientists have delivered nprotocols for children of this age and the measures to be followed in schools, but also how to manage a possible case. It is still unknown whether the green light will be given to open high schools and lyceums at the same time or whether they will open a week later..
The new instructions of EODY
In the new updated instructions of EODY for operation of primary schools, the following modifications are included compared to the previous ones:
- Universal use of a protective mask both during classes and during breaks
- Instructions for "mask breaks"
- Instructions for managing a suspicious case in the educational unit, in accordance with the update of the directives "Principles of management of suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection in school units and protocol of suspension of operation of school departments or schools"
- Instructions for compliance with the measures in force at the level of risk in the area in relation to the restriction of sports activities (e.g. ban on team games with ball - football, basketball, volleyball).
- "Children for whom the general recommendation of long-term absenteeism from school and use of distance education due to a serious underlying disease is given" are some modifications and clarifications in the relevant criteria.
- "Children for whom the general recommendation of long-term absenteeism and use of distance education due to a serious underlying disease is given" adds a second section concerning children for whom long-term absenteeism from school and use of distance education due to cohabitation with a person suffers from a serious underlying disease.
- "Instructions for the use of a mask in special groups of children" and in particular in the categories of children for whom the NON use of a mask is recommended, children who have difficulty breathing and therefore the mask is not tolerated.
Symptoms in children
It is noteworthy that, based on scientists, less than 5% of reported cases in the European Union concerns children, while internationally the percentage of affected children ranges from 1-7%, according to data from the World Health Organization.
COVID-19 infection in children usually manifests with milder symptoms or is asymptomatic and shows significantly lower mortality. particularly, in the European Union mortality under the age of 19 years is calculated as a percentage 0,03%.
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 infection in children are:
• fever and
Other symptoms that may occur are::
• Breathing difficulty
• Nasal runny nose / congestion
• Motion sickness / vomiting
• Stomachache, diarrhea
*See here in detail the new updated instructions of EODY for primary schools