Measures to support businesses and households affected by the coronavirus, announced the Minister of Finance.
The Minister of Finance, Christos Staikouras, after the speech of Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, announces nine initiatives to strengthen workers and businesses and mitigate financial consequences following new pandemic measures and new health and safety charter.
Between them, the 'refundable advance 4 & 5»With his non-return 50% of the amounts to be collected, the mandatory rent reduction by 40% in commercial real estate and the main residence, as well as facilities for tax liabilities. With today's data, the additional cost of the new measures amounts to 1,5 billion. euros for November and at 2,3 billion. by the end of the year.
Specifically, the package of measures is as follows:
1. Business employees- employers, across the territory, affected according to the expanded KAD list in April, may be temporarily suspended from an employment contract. They are therefore entitled to special purpose compensation, in proportion to the time they are suspended, calculated on an amount 534 euros per month. For the above period, the full insurance contributions are covered proportionally by the state budget., calculated on the nominal salary.
For companies that close by order of a public authority, the employment contract of the employees is compulsorily suspended. For as long as the suspension is valid, redundancies are invalid. Businesses, for an equal period after the lifting of the suspension, are required to retain the same number of employees.
2. For companies whose operation is suspended by order of a public authority, VAT payment payable in November can be suspended, until 30 April 2021. This debt will be repaid to 12 zero interest rates or in 24 interest rate installments 2,5%, since May 2021 and then.
3. For companies whose operation is suspended by order of a public authority, it is possible to suspend the payment of installments of regulated tax and insurance debts, payable in November. Their repayment is postponed to corresponding installments, at the end of the current regulation.
4. For employees whose employment contract is suspended throughout the territory, gives the possibility to suspend the payment of the installments of regulated tax debts that are payable in November, and their repayment is postponed to corresponding installments, at the end of the current regulation.
5. The suspension of bank loan installments continues, based on the extended list of KAD April, in consultation with the Hellenic Banking Association, by the end of the year.
6. All unemployment benefits that expired and expire in September are extended, October, November and December, by two months.
7. Compulsory teleworking is extended throughout the country to at least 50% of the staff, in the private and public sector, with the exception of activities in which there is an objective impossibility of teleworking.
The measure of mandatory application of flexibility of attendance and departure of private sector employees to their work is extended, with a corresponding adjustment of their schedule for the areas of increased risk.
8. Businesses based in a Regional Unit included in the "Increased Risk" level for at least 14 days within the month and are significantly affected according to the expanded list of KAD April, are entitled to a mandatory rent reduction by 40% in their commercial real estate.
The same applies to the main residence of employees who are suspended from employment, but also for the student residence of their children, across the territory.
For companies included in the "Surveillance" level, the optional rent reduction applies, according to the expanded list of KAD.
For the owners who rent real estate in these companies and the above employees, offset the 1/3 of their loss with their tax liabilities.
9. Granted "Refundable Advance 4 and Refundable Deposit 5 ». The "Refundable Deposit 4" will be granted, enhanced, In November, based on the fall in September turnover- October.
In addition, will be granted "5th Refundable Advance" in December, based on the drop in turnover and November.
In both new "Refundable Advances", the 50% of each aid is not refundable.
All sole proprietorships now have the right to participate, regardless of whether they employ employees or have a cash register, provided they show a decrease in turnover 20% and have a minimum reference turnover 300 euro.
Especially businesses that have closed or are closing by state order in October and until 10 November, are entitled to participate in the "Refundable Advance Payment 4", regardless of their turnover decline, provided they have a minimum reference turnover 300 euro.
also, new businesses are now eligible to participate.
Individual companies without employees will receive a fixed amount 1.000 euros in "Refundable Advance payment 4" and up to 1.000 Euros in "Refundable Advance Payment 5", taking into account the mathematical formula. For the rest of the companies, the mathematical formula applies, with a threshold of 1.000 euro.
Especially for companies whose operation has been suspended or will be suspended by state order in October and until 10 November, will be received in the "Refundable Advance 4" the sole proprietorships without employees fixed amount 2.000 euros regardless of mathematical formula, for the other companies the mathematical formula applies, with a threshold of 2.000 euro.