New cases in Lassithi, Crete, while the inspections continue to determine the size of the problem in the Municipality of Sitia. It has already entered a regime of very restrictive measures since 06.00 a.m. and for 10 days the Local Community of Palekastro of the Municipality of Sitia in Lassithi, where there is an increased rate of coronavirus positivity. It is recalled that after 15 positive cases detected during the sampling tests yesterday, today the rapid tests from the ladder of EODY will continue, in order to ascertain, as much as possible, the size of the problem.
The same time, as reported by cretalive information, New positive headache causes the detection of three positive cases of coronavirus in another area of Lassithi. These are family members who had traveled during the holidays in Western Macedonia and in an area with an increased number of infections.. Upon their return to Crete, have tested positive for the virus and the process of tracking their contacts here has already begun. It should be noted that people who socialized during their trip to Northern Greece were found positive for the coronavirus, including a two-year-old child.
Restrictive measures in force in Palekastro
According to the official announcement of the Civil Protection, the measures that are in force from today in the Local Community of Palekastro of the Municipality of Sitia are:
– Prohibition of movement outside the boundaries of the Local Community, excluding travel for health reasons.
– From the 18:00 until 05:00 ban on any movement of citizens, excluding employees and who will only be able to move from home to work and vice versa, with the exclusive permission of their employer.
– Suspension of religious ceremonies and operation of shops (retail, etc.).
– also, the provision of care by the Region of Crete for the supply and supply of essential items (food, drugs etc.) residents and for any kind of assistance in cases of residents who are chronically ill and distressed.
– Taking care of the Regional Administration of Fire Services of Crete, for staff and media assistance, where and when required
– The supervision and undertaking of any necessary action by the General Police Directorate of Crete for the observance of the home and geographical restrictions of the inhabitants.