It took place in Athens at the Ministry of Energy, which is a legal and moral commitment of the state.
The meeting started with the presentation by the Mayor and Community Councilors Babi Sismanidis, Babi Poutoglidi, Zoe Mouratidis (Councilor Giannis Poutoglidis did not attend due to professional obligations) της αβέβαιης κατάστασης στην οποία, The settlement of Akrini and its inhabitants have fallen.
The fact that today the settlement lives under a peculiar hostage was especially pointed out. After the vote of the relocation by the Greek Parliament, and with the prospect of its implementation, No necessary infrastructure projects were constructed pending the transfer of the settlement, as a result, the quality of life of the inhabitants of the settlement is constantly deteriorating.
At the same time, the expropriations of arable land and pastures carried out by PPC SA, have significantly reduced the living space of the settlement, making it difficult for it to survive.
In fact, the last two years, due to the shrinkage of lignite activity due to de-lignification, The professional employment of the inhabitants of the settlement in activities related to lignite mining and electricity generation has almost disappeared..
The living of the inhabitants of the settlement of Akrini, which is located in an area adjacent to the activities of PPC SA (mines, deposits, ΑΗΣ Αγ. Dimitriou) is also negatively affected by environmental problems.
For those reasons τονίστηκε η απόγνωση και η αγανάκτηση των κατοίκων του οικισμού, who are experiencing a prolonged stalemate as a long period of inactivity has passed, the deadline for relocation according to law has passed, and living conditions in the settlement, for the reasons described above, are unacceptable.
For his part, the Minister acknowledged the problems faced by the residents of Akrini and clarified that, δεδομένου ότι έχει παρέλθει μεγάλο χρονικό διάστημα χωρίς να γίνει καμία πρόοδος στο θέμα της μετεγκατάστασης και εν τω μεταξύ έχει αλλάξει τόσο ο Εθνικός Ενεργειακός Σχεδιασμός όσο και ο Επιχειρησιακός Σχεδιασμός της ΔΕΗ ΑΕ, στα πλαίσια απολιγνιτοποίησης και της Ευρωπαϊκής Πράσινης Συμφωνίας, and because the relocation of Akrini was planned to take place for environmental reasons, which do not exist today, the relocation becomes particularly difficult.
Στη συνέχεια ο Υπουργός επανέφερε για συζήτηση την πρόταση του προκατόχου του, of Mr. Hatzidaki, for the formulation by the Government of an alternative proposal that will ensure the economic and environmental sustainability of the settlement and will address the accumulated problems of Akrini.
This was followed by an interactive discussion on the characteristics that this proposal must have. Many issues were raised for discussion and the need for :
- Residential upgrade of the settlement
- Targeted support of the local agricultural and production potential of the settlement.
- Utilization of the expropriated and undisturbed lands of Akrini for development and productive purposes.
- Total utilization of RES investments and energy saving applications, τόσο για κάλυψη των ενεργειακών αναγκών των κατοίκων του οικισμού όσο και για επενδύσεις που θα προσπορίζουν εισοδήματα στους κατοίκους
- Financing and construction of all infrastructure projects (water supply, sewerage, road construction, regenerations of KX, sports etc.) characterizing the current backwardness of the settlement.
Μετά την ολοκλήρωση του εποικοδομητικού διαλόγου ο Υπουργός δεσμεύτηκε για :
- The overall presentation of the alternative Government Proposal for Akrini, in the fall by himself, during his visit to the area in order for this proposal to be evaluated by the residents of the settlement
- Direct financing, by the Ministry of Energy, studies and infrastructure projects (water supply, sewerage, road construction, regenerations of KX, sports etc.) characterizing the current backwardness of the settlement.
Με την ολοκλήρωση της συνάντησης και οι δύο πλευρές διατύπωσαν την ικανοποίησή τους για την συνάντηση και τον εποικοδομητικό διάλογο που αναπτύχθηκε.