The General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia announces the situation in the road network of the Region of Western Macedonia per Police Directorate:
GREVENA POLICE ADDRESS
The traffic on Egnatia Odos, as well as in the National and Provincial road network, is carried out normally, except of the following points, where it is carried out exclusively with the use of special type of tire or anti-skid chains:
– 13The to 54The χλμ Επ. THE. Grevena – Samarina.
– 13The to 45The km. Ep. THE. Grevena – Χ/Κ Βασιλίτσας.
– 13The to 45The km. Ep. THE. Grevena – Περιβολίου (and to T.K.. Cave).
-20The to 35The km. Ep. THE. Grevena – Skulls (and to T.K.. Saws, Kallithea and Mikrolivadou).
KASTORIA POLICE ADDRESS
The traffic of vehicles is carried out exclusively with the use of special type of tires or anti-skid chains throughout the National, Municipal and provincial road network.
Η κυκλοφορία των οχημάτων στον κάθετο άξονα (A-29) της Εγνατίας Οδού Σιάτιστας – Krystallopigi, is carried out normally.
.DIRECTORATE OF KOZANI POLICE
The traffic of vehicles is carried out exclusively with the use of special type of tires or anti-skid chains on the Egnatia Odos (Α / Κ Πολυμύλου - Α / Κ Κοίλων), as well as throughout the National, Municipal and provincial road network.
FLORINA POLICE ADDRESS
Η κυκλοφορία των οχημάτων διεξάγεται αποκλειστικά με την χρήση ειδικού τύπου ελαστικών ή αντιολισθητικών αλυσίδων σε όλο το Εθνικό, Municipal and provincial road network, as well as on the vertical axis of the Egnatia Odos (A-27) Florina-Nikis.
The General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia advises the citizens, in cases of adverse weather conditions, be especially careful in their movements.
In this context he recommends to pedestrians:
- To walk with great care especially in the early morning and night hours, as there is a high probability that the roads are icy.
- Make sure they wear the right shoes when they are going to move.
- To prefer public transport for their travels.
- Avoid walking on sections of roads and sidewalks where there is frost.
Alongside, the drivers:
- Make sure their vehicle has anti-skid chains.
- Always use anti-skid chains where there are special traffic conditions (frost, etc.).
- Always wear a seat belt.
- To be informed about the weather and the condition of the road network if they are going to travel.
- To check the proper operation of their car systems.
- Make sure they are stocked with enough fuel.
- Reduce speed and leave enough distance from the vehicle in front to be able to stop safely.
- Do not brake abruptly because there is a risk of deviating from their course. Work in the same way when they are going to accelerate or turn.
- Have the headlights on to be more easily perceived, especially where there is not much visibility.
- Να διατηρούν τα φώτα και τους υαλοκαθαριστήρες του οχήματός τους πάντα καθαρούς.
- To drive at low speed to be able to control their vehicle.
- Be especially careful when crossing bridges, uneven passages and roads that are not crowded.
Weather information, διακοπές κυκλοφορίας και συμβουλές οδικής ασφάλειας υπάρχουν στην επίσημη ιστοσελίδα της Ελληνικής Αστυνομίας www.hellenicpolice.gr.