The General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia publishes a total of statistics on road safety and traffic policing for the month of May this year 2019, στην εδαφική αρμοδιότητα των Διευθύνσεων Αστυνομίας Γρεβενών, Of Kastoria, Kozani and Florina. The publication of the data is accompanied by statistics – figures for the corresponding month last year.
a. Τροχαία Ατυχήματα
In the territorial jurisdiction of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia, were noted 6 traffic accidents in May 2019, against 5 in the corresponding month 2018.
In particular, they were noted:
- 2 θανατηφόρα ατυχήματα, έναντι κανενός το 2018.
- 1 σοβαρό τροχαίο ατύχημα, έναντι κανενός το 2018.
- 3 minor traffic accidents, against 5 the 2018.
The traffic accidents that occurred in urban and rural areas of the Police Directorates were recorded in total 9 sufferers versus 5 in the corresponding month 2018.
In particular, they were recorded:
- 2 dead, έναντι κανενός το 2018.
- 1 βαριά τραυματίας, έναντι κανενός το 2018.
- 6 slightly injured, against 5 the 2018.
The main causes of traffic accidents, as evidenced by the police traffic search, is:
- Excessive speed
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- The movement in the opposite direction of traffic
- The use of a mobile phone
- The non-use of a protective helmet
- Η μη χρήση ζώνη ασφαλείας
- The non-use of child seats
- Illegal maneuvers
- Violation of priority
- Violation of the red signal
b. Traffic Police Activities
The Traffic Police Services of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia are located on constant alert, applying specific design, providing for road safety and traffic policing measures for the safe movement of vehicles and citizens, as well as to prevent and prevent accidents and accidents throughout the road network.
In the context of traffic actions, the month May of the year 2019, confirmed 902 violations, as follows:
- 525 violations for excessive speed,
- 153 violations of commercial vehicles,
- 46 violations for driving under the influence of alcohol (intoxication),
- 46 infringements for non-use of seat belts,
- 41 violations for K.T.E.O.,
- 22 παραβάσεις για φθαρμένα ελαστικά,
- 21 παραβάσεις για μη χρήση προστατευτικού κράνους κατά την
- 19 infringements for using a mobile phone while driving,
- 10 violations of traffic in the opposite direction of traffic,
- 9 infringements for non-use of child seats,
- 8 infringements for violating a red signal,
- 1 violation for illegal maneuver and
- 1 violation for violation of priority.
c. Road Safety Tips
Greek Police are very sensitive to safe driving and road safety issues, in order to help reduce traffic accidents, reminds all drivers and road users that Road safety is a matter for all of us.
In this context, drivers must comply with the provisions of the Road Traffic Code, drive with prudence and care and follow the instructions and advice of Traffic Staff.
We must not forget that driving safely means:
- I am learning and applying the Road Traffic Code
- I am constantly focused on driving and controlling the vehicle
- When I drive I have not consumed alcoholic beverages
- I do not violate the speed limits
- I'm not violating the red signal
- I always wear a seat belt
- I don't talk on my cell phone when I'm driving
- I place the children in a child seat in the back of the car and wear a seat belt
- In case I drive or am a passenger on a motorcycle, I always wear a helmet
- I stop at STOP and give priority
- I respect the signals and instructions of the traffic wardens.
The above tips will be constantly repeated in order to contribute to the consolidation of traffic and road culture..
For more helpful advice on road accident prevention and road safety, citizens can visit the Greek Police website http://www.hellenicpolice.gr.