The General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia publishes a total of statistics on road safety and traffic policing for the month Νοέμβριο του έτους 2018, in the territorial jurisdiction of the Police Directorates Grevena, Of Kastoria, Kozani and Florina. The publication of the data is accompanied by statistics – figures for the corresponding month last year.
a. Car accidents
In the territorial jurisdiction of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia, were noted 5 τροχαία ατυχήματα τον Νοέμβριο του 2018, against 4 in the corresponding month 2017.
In particular, they were noted:
- no fatal accidents, like the 2017.
- 1 σοβαρό τροχαίo ατύχημα, against no one 2017.
- 4 minor traffic accidents, like the 2017.
The traffic accidents that occurred in urban and rural areas of the Police Directorates were recorded in total 10 sufferers versus 7 in the corresponding month 2017. In particular, they were recorded:
- no dead, like the 2017.
- 1 seriously injured, against no one 2017.
- 9 slightly injured, against 7 the 2017.
Τα κυριότερα αίτια των τροχαίων ατυχημάτων-δυστυχημάτων, as evidenced by the police traffic search, it was:
- Excessive speed
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Η μη χρήση ζώνης ασφαλείας/προστατευτικού κράνους
- Η χρήση κινητού τηλεφώνου κατά την οδήγηση
- The movement in the opposite direction of traffic
- Η παραβίαση της προτεραιότητας
- Violation of the red signal
- Illegal maneuvers
b. Traffic Police Activities
The Traffic Police Services of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia are located on constant alert, applying specific design, providing for road safety and traffic policing measures for the safe movement of vehicles and citizens, as well as to prevent and prevent accidents and accidents throughout the road network.
In the context of traffic actions, the month November of the year 2018, βεβαιώθηκαν μεταξύ άλλων και 659 violations as follows:
- 386 violations for excessive speed,
- 68 violations for driving under the influence of alcohol (intoxication),
- 57 violations of commercial vehicles,
- 53 παραβάσεις για μη χρήση ζώνης ασφαλείας κατά την οδήγηση,
- 22 infringements for illegal overtaking,
- 26 violations for K.T.E.O.,
- 12 παραβάσεις για χρήση κινητού τηλεφώνου,
- 13 violations of traffic in the opposite direction of traffic,
- 9 infringements for not wearing a helmet while driving,
- 5 violations for worn tires,
- 5 infringements for non-use of child seats,
- 3 infringements for violating a red signal.
c. Road Safety Tips
Greek Police are very sensitive to safe driving and road safety issues, in order to help reduce traffic accidents, reminds all drivers and road users that Road safety is a matter for all of us.
In this context, drivers must comply with the provisions of the Road Traffic Code, drive with prudence and care and follow the instructions and advice of Traffic Staff.
We must not forget that driving safely means:
- I am learning and applying the Road Traffic Code
- I am constantly focused on driving and controlling the vehicle
- When I drive I have not consumed alcoholic beverages
- I do not violate the speed limits
- I'm not violating the red signal
- I always wear a seat belt
- I don't talk on my cell phone when I'm driving
- I place the children in a child seat in the back of the car and wear a seat belt
- In case I drive or am a passenger on a motorcycle, I always wear a helmet
- I stop at STOP and give priority
- I respect the signals and instructions of the traffic wardens.
The above tips will be constantly repeated in order to contribute to the consolidation of traffic and road culture..
For more helpful advice on road accident prevention and road safety, citizens can visit the Greek Police website http://www.hellenicpolice.gr.