Η Γενική Περιφερειακή Αστυνομική Διεύθυνση Δυτικής Μακεδονίας δημοσιεύει συνολικά στατιστικά στοιχεία που αφορούν σε θέματα οδικής ασφάλειας και τροχονομικής αστυνόμευσης για το μήνα Φεβρουάριο του έτους 2019, in the territorial jurisdiction of the Grevena Police Directorates, Of Kastoria, Kozani and Florina. The publication of the data is accompanied by statistics – figures for the corresponding month last year.
a. Car accidents
In the territorial jurisdiction of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia, were noted 4 τροχαία ατυχήματα το Φεβρουάριο του 2019, as well as its corresponding month 2018.
In particular, they were noted:
- 1 Fatal accident, against no one 2018.
- κανένα σοβαρό τροχαίo ατύχημα, like the 2018.
- 3 minor traffic accidents, against 4 the 2018.
The traffic accidents that occurred in urban and rural areas of the Police Directorates were recorded in total 4 sufferers versus 8 in the corresponding month 2018.
In particular, they were recorded:
- 1 dead, against no one 2018.
- no seriously injured, like the 2018.
- 3 slightly injured, against 8 the 2018.
The main causes of traffic accidents, as evidenced by the police traffic search, it was:
- Excessive speed
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- The use of a mobile phone
- Η μη χρήση ζώνης ασφαλείας/προστατευτικού κράνους
- Η χρήση κινητού τηλεφώνου κατά την οδήγηση
- The movement in the opposite direction of traffic
- Η παραβίαση της προτεραιότητας
- Violation of the red signal
- Illegal maneuvers
b. Traffic Police Activities
The Traffic Police Services of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia are located on constant alert, applying specific design, providing for road safety and traffic policing measures for the safe movement of vehicles and citizens, as well as to prevent and prevent accidents and accidents throughout the road network.
In the context of traffic actions, the month February of the year 2019, confirmed 655 violations, as follows:
- 424 violations for excessive speed,
- 55 violations for driving under the influence of alcohol (intoxication),
- 49 violations of commercial vehicles,
- 49 παραβάσεις για μη χρήση ζώνης ασφαλείας κατά την οδήγηση,
- 21 infringements for using a mobile phone while driving,
- 11 violations of traffic in the opposite direction of traffic,
- 1 παράβαση για αντικανονικό προσπέρασμα,
- 4 infringements for violating a red signal,
- 1 παράβαση για αντικανονικό ελιγμό,
- 1 violation for violation of priority,
- 31 violations for K.T.E.O.,
- 4 violations for worn tires,
- 3 παραβάσεις για μη χρήση παιδικών καθισμάτων και
- 1 παράβαση για μη χρήση προστατευτικού κράνους κατά την οδήγηση.
c. Road Safety Tips
Greek Police are very sensitive to safe driving and road safety issues, in order to help reduce traffic accidents, reminds all drivers and road users that Road safety is a matter for all of us.
In this context, drivers must comply with the provisions of the Road Traffic Code, drive with prudence and care and follow the instructions and advice of Traffic Staff.
We must not forget that driving safely means:
- I am learning and applying the Road Traffic Code
- I am constantly focused on driving and controlling the vehicle
- When I drive I have not consumed alcoholic beverages
- I do not violate the speed limits
- I'm not violating the red signal
- I always wear a seat belt
- I don't talk on my cell phone when I'm driving
- I place the children in a child seat in the back of the car and wear a seat belt
- In case I drive or am a passenger on a motorcycle, I always wear a helmet
- I stop at STOP and give priority
- I respect the signals and instructions of the traffic wardens.
The above tips will be constantly repeated in order to contribute to the consolidation of traffic and road culture..
For more helpful advice on road accident prevention and road safety, citizens can visit the Greek Police website http://www.hellenicpolice.gr.