Once again we are forced to denounce the actions of the Board of Directors. of DI.PE.THE. Kozanis for filling the position of Artistic Director of the Organization.
Specifically, we detect and report that since its announcement 27/7/2022 (ending on 26/8/2022), according to the decision 63/2022 of the Board. of DI.PE.THE., the following items are missing, in relation to the previous announcement made by the Board of Directors. of DI.PE.THE. at 21/10/2021 with decision number 95/2021:
1) All existing legislation on which the terms of the announcement are based. There is no reference to any law, especially at the beginning of the notice, where the applicable legislative provisions are usually mentioned.
2) The new announcement only states that the candidate needs to have professional experience in the theater field, without mentioning the duration. In other words, the requirement of 5 years of professional experience has been removed, which existed in the previous and corresponding announcements.
3) The condition of the approval of the Minister of Culture and Sports has been removed. In other words, the proposal is not listed anywhere “The approval of the Minister of Culture and Sports is required for hiring the Director”, condition that also existed in the previous announcement.
4) Candidates' ability to object to the result has been removed. The previous announcement, he said: “Objections to the Artistic Director's selection decision will be accepted for two (2) days after the decision is made”.
1) The previous announcement resulted in the selection of Mr. Panagiotis Vassiliadis for the position of artistic director of DI.PE.THE. Kozani, an option which the Ministry of Culture rejected in duplicate,
2) One of the obvious reasons was that Mr. Βασιλειάδης, according to his resume, did not meet the requirement of 5 years of professional experience in the theater,
3) Despite his rejection, this gentleman participates in the three-member artistic committee that drew up the programming of DI.PE.THE. for the upcoming winter season, which demonstrates its embrace by the Board of Directors. of DI.PE.THE. and the interpersonal relationships he maintains with it,
4) The requirement of 5 years of professional experience is absent from the new announcement, despite the written assurance of the president Mr. Nikolaou Kefalou to the Deputy Governor of Kozani, Mrs. Establishment of a decisive Committee of the Regional Council based on article (which took place on 22/8/2022 and was published in the local press and specifically in /kozanimedia.gr/,
5) The Board. of DI.PE.THE. he wants this time to decide unilaterally, without the consent of the Ministry, as defined in the article 10 of the Programmatic Agreement for Cultural Development between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, of the Region of Western Macedonia, of the Municipality of Kozani and DI.PE.THE. Kozani,
WE HAVE EVERY REASON TO CONCLUDE THAT THE CURRENT ADVERTISEMENT IS PHOTOGRAPHIC IN NATURE, IT DOES NOT MOVE WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF LEGALITY AND SERVES INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS. OF THE DI.PE.THE. KOZANIS WITH PEOPLE OF HIS LIKE, RESULTING IN NOT ENSURING THE INDETERMINATION OF THE PROCEDURE.
It is obvious that such a public announcement:
1) It violates the constitutional rights of artists who intend to apply to fill the position, while removing from the candidates the right to appeal the results.
2) It acts as a deterrent to submitting an application for participation.
3) It exposes culture, the democratic processes of the rule of law, and everyone's right to work.
4) It circumvents the quadripartite Program Agreement and jeopardizes the organization's funding, which is so important to the production of artistic work as, already the Region of Western Macedonia with a letter from the Vice-Regional Governor of Kozani, Ms. Katerinas Dadamoya puts the Board of Directors. of DI.PE.THE. Kozanis before his responsibilities for this announcement, clarifying that there are obstacles to the continuation of their cooperation.
We request the immediate withdrawal of this announcement and its immediate re-announcement in order to ensure the legitimacy and meritorious treatment of candidates in accordance with the rules of international law.
We ask that the Board of Directors. of DI.PE.THE. Kozanis in front of his responsibilities for all the discredit into which he has dragged the institution with his intentions and choices in the last three years.
PANHELLENIC FEDERATION OF THEATER ACROAMATOS
SOCIETY OF GREEK DIRECTORS
SOCIETY OF GREEK ACTORS
UNION OF SINGERS OF GREECE
PANHELLENIC SCIENTIFIC ASSOCIATION OF THEATRISTS