In a period of great accuracy and insecurity, two allowances granted by OAED can give a little "breath" to thousands of unemployed. In particular, these are the two benefits granted to the unemployed by OAED after the end of the 12-month regular subsidy.
In particular, it is the special allowance of the regular unemployment subsidy and the long-term unemployment benefit.
1. Special Assistance after the Termination of the Regular Unemployment Subsidy
Special assistance is entitled to the insured who remain unemployed on the date of payment of the benefit, if they remained unemployed for one month after the end of the regular unemployment subsidy and do not fall under the categories of article 22 of N.. 1836/89 (builders, quarries, limestone, musicians, singers etc.). The height of the aid is equal to 13 daily unemployment benefits. The amount received by the unemployed amounts to 227,65 euro.
- The insured are required to pay the special allowance:
- To remain unemployed for one month after the end of the regular unemployment subsidy.
- The annual net family income should not exceed a certain amount, (for the year 2016 this amount amounts to 10.858,4 euro) as evidenced by a document of the relevant tax office. This amount increases by 293,47 euros each calendar year.
- Do not fall into the categories of article 22 of N.. 1836/89 (builders, quarries, limestone, musicians, singers etc.).
Beneficiaries of the long-term unemployed allowance cannot receive the special allowance after the end of the regular subsidy.
How to apply
The special allowance is paid by a decision of the director of the competent services of OAED after a request of the interested party, which submitted or electronically, through e-services or through KEP within two months from the expiration of this period
The decision is made, either through your personal account in the e-services of OAED, either by the CFR 2 OAED where your request was submitted.
2. Long-Term Unemployment Allowance
Beneficiaries of the long-term unemployment benefit are Greek nationals and nationals of EU Member States who are insured against unemployment.
The amount of the allowance is determined in the amount of 200 euros and is granted in person to the beneficiary himself for as long as he is unemployed and in no case beyond 12 months.
What are the conditions:
- Age from 20 until 66 years.
As a starting date for the completion of the 20th and 66th year, the date of birth of the beneficiary is considered. Critical time of subscription of the age limit condition is the time of submission of the application.
- Exhaustion of a 12-month regular unemployment subsidy.
Beneficiaries are also those who have exhausted a 12-month subsidy even if they received it in installments (i.e.. with suspensions and sequels), and submit the application within the amortization period of two (2) months, from the end of the 12-month regular subsidy.
Regularly subsidized due to continuation under the article 20 of the n.d.. 2961/54, who at the end of the balance of the 12-month subsidy have not completed a period of residence continuously for 12 months in the unemployment registers of OAED, may apply for the long-term unemployment benefit, within the amortization period of two (2) months from the completion of the uninterrupted 12-month stay.
caution: Unemployed persons whose approval decision to award a regular unemployment benefit is less than 12 months old are not eligible.
- To have completed on the date of submission of the relevant application, unemployment period continuously for twelve months and to remain registered in the OAED unemployment registers.
- The annual family income should not exceed 10.000 euro.
This income is increased by 586,08 euros for each minor child. A minor child is considered to be one who has not completed the 18th year of age.
Note: The annual family income is considered to be the total annual taxpayer, real, exempt or taxable in a special way, income from any source - with the exception of severance pay - of the previous financial year of the unemployed person, of his wife and minor children.
It is not counted in the annual family income: unemployment benefit, disease, maternity, as well as the long-term unemployment benefit (for any administration in the following calendar year).
For adult single beneficiaries as family income is considered the individual.
How to apply
Those interested submit, within the amortization period two (2) months after the end of the regular unemployment subsidy, the applications and the necessary supporting documents with them following ways:
- In person at the competent services of OAED of their place of residence or of their last employment.
- Electronics, through e-services.