The General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia publishes a total of statistics on road safety and traffic policing for the month Μάρτιο του έτους 2020, in the territorial jurisdiction of the Police Directorates Grevena, Of Kastoria, Kozani and Florina.
The publication of the data is accompanied by statistics – figures for the corresponding month last year.
a. Car accidents
In the territorial jurisdiction of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia, δε σημειώθηκε κανένα τροχαίο ατύχημα το Μάρτιο του 2020, against 3 in the corresponding month 2019.
In particular, they were noted:
- no fatal accidents, like the 2019.
- no serious traffic accidents, like the 2019.
- κανένα ελαφρά τροχαίο ατύχημα, against 3 the 2019.
Από τα τροχαία ατυχήματα που συνέβησαν σε αστικές και αγροτικές περιοχές των Διευθύνσεων Αστυνομίας δεν υπήρχαν παθόντες έναντι 4 in the corresponding month 2019.
In particular, they were recorded:
- no dead, like the 2019.
- no seriously injured, like the 2019.
- κανένας ελαφρά τραυματίας, against 4 the 2019.
b. Traffic Police Activities
The Traffic Police Services of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia are located on constant alert, applying specific design, providing for road safety and traffic policing measures for the safe movement of vehicles and citizens, as well as to prevent and prevent accidents and accidents throughout the road network.
In the context of traffic actions, the month March of the year 2020, confirmed 321 violations, as follows:
- 232 violations for excessive speed,
- 24 violations of commercial vehicles,
- 14 violations for K.T.E.O.,
- 13 infringements for non-use of seat belts,
- 12 violations for driving under the influence of alcohol (intoxication),
- 11 infringements for using a mobile phone while driving,
- 5 violations for worn tires,
- 3 violations of traffic in the opposite direction of traffic,
- 2 infringements for non-use of child seats,
- 2 infringements for not wearing a helmet while driving,
- 2 παραβάσεις για αντικανονικό προσπέρασμα και
- 1 παράβαση για παραβίαση ερυθρού σηματοδότη.
c. Road Safety Tips
Greek Police are very sensitive to safe driving and road safety issues, in order to help reduce traffic accidents, reminds all drivers and road users that Road safety is a matter for all of us.
In this context, drivers must comply with the provisions of the Road Traffic Code, drive with prudence and care and follow the instructions and advice of Traffic Staff.
We must not forget that driving safely means:
- I am learning and applying the Road Traffic Code
- I am constantly focused on driving and controlling the vehicle
- When I drive I have not consumed alcoholic beverages
- I do not violate the speed limits
- I'm not violating the red signal
- I always wear a seat belt
- I don't talk on my cell phone when I'm driving
- I place the children in a child seat in the back of the car and wear a seat belt
- In case I drive or am a passenger on a motorcycle, I always wear a helmet
- I stop at STOP and give priority
- I respect the signals and instructions of the traffic wardens.
The above tips will be constantly repeated in order to contribute to the consolidation of traffic and road culture..