Clarifications regarding the birth allowance were made today (05/03) the Organization for Welfare Benefits and Social Solidarity. Specifically, OPEC made public 20 questions on the subject, to which he gives the appropriate answers.
Detailed questions / answers:
1. The spouse or the other part of the child's mother's cohabitation agreement works abroad. The mother is entitled to childbirth allowance;
The work of the spouse or the other party to the cohabitation agreement abroad is not an obstacle to receiving the allowance. The spouse or the other part of the cohabitation agreement, Nevertheless, must have Greek VAT and AMKA.
2. What is the application procedure for the mother in case the spouse or part of the cohabitation agreement works abroad?;
In this case, the application is submitted only through a Community Center or a municipality, upon presentation of an officially translated document of the competent tax or other foreign Authority, clearly certifying the total annual income of the spouse or the other party to the cohabitation agreement who works and resides abroad.
3. How to complete the application, when the spouse or the other party to the cohabitation agreement is a European citizen;
The application must be submitted to a Community Center or municipality. There the details of the spouse or the other part of the cohabitation agreement will be passed with the addition and acceptance, provided the conditions are met.
4. In which indication of the application must the European Union citizenship certificate or the European Citizen Card be registered?;
Registered by the Community Center or municipality under "ALLO".
5. The application instead of the European Union citizenship certificate or the European Citizen Card accepts the Passport of a European citizen or a Cypriot citizen;
6. There is an indication in the application of the birth allowance stating the expiration date of the three-month deadline for the submission of the application;
Yes, on the application home page, at the top right there is an indication "Submission Deadline".
7. Why to a third country citizen with a cleared tax return 2020 the application does not recognize the legal and permanent residence of him in Greece, after the application shows that tax returns for seven years have been submitted;
For those citizens there is a cleared tax return 2020, now the required time to file a tax return is eight consecutive years and not seven. If there is an intermediate year in which no tax return has been filed since the financial year 2013 - income 2012 - and after, this year will not be in the "number of tax returns".
8. Third country national from 2012 and then for some years he was a protected member of his parents' tax return. They are counted in the total and these years or must be presented supporting documents for control in the Community Centers or municipality;
The application recognizes all the years where each citizen has declared with his AMKA as a child in the tax return of his parent.
9. It is necessary for the spouses to have submitted a tax return of the same year or not;
In each case, spouses should have a cleared tax return for the same year and not for different years.
10. May, due to a joint tax return of the spouses, to reject their application;
The application is not affected by the submission of either an individual or a joint tax return.
11. Until the end of the tax filing period for 2020, the spouses can submit the application with his tax return 2019;
Yes, provided they both have a cleared tax return for 2019.
12. After the deadline for submitting tax returns for 2020, the two spouses have only cleared his tax return 2019. They will be entitled to the allowance or not;
When the tax filing period for 2020 both spouses should have a cleared tax return for 2020.
13. What is the reason that the application does not allow the application to be submitted, labeled: "Your application failed, No person with this TIN was found in the AMKA register (e.g. 1111111) and the application process cannot be continued ";
The citizen should check which of his family members owns this VAT number and update the data of the AMKA Register of his member in a KEP, subsequently, cancel the application and submit a new application.
14. Can the user of the Community Center or municipality accept and approve tax returns that the citizen submits as proof of his legal and permanent residence in Greece from 2012 and after;
No, the user has no authority, sees the approved number of tax returns in the electronic indications of the application, projecting on each member, namely: "Financial data of the Tax Return" and "Number of Tax Returns".
15. If both parents of the newborn child are third country nationals or single parent family, where the mother is a citizen of another country, can the application for the granting of the birth allowance be submitted through the D.G.. of the Maternity Hospital;
No, the third-country national must first follow the child's AMKA issuance process, going to a counter (ΚΕΠ, Ika, etc.) and, after the issuance of the AMKA, to apply for the application of the OPEC birth allowance within three months from the birth of the child.
16. A third-country national who has applied to a Community Center or municipality and states that the issuance of the certificate of marital status in his country takes several months and may miss the three-month deadline for final submission of the application, can complete the application without this supporting document;
Yes, if there is a marriage certificate and an older certificate of marital status showing the other members of the family. With explicit, Nevertheless, statement by the citizen that, as soon as the new marital status certificate is issued, will provide it immediately and within the reasonable time the Community Center has provided to him.
17. Can the user of the Community Center or municipality prevent the citizen from submitting an application, because he considers that he does not have the conditions to receive the childbirth allowance;
Safer way, to be decided, whether a citizen is entitled to the benefit or not, is the submission of the online birth allowance application.
18. Why, while a birth allowance application has been made, does not appear in the application that sets the expiration date of the three-month deadline for submission of the application;
Because the child to be subsidized does not appear in the application, the application cannot know the date of birth, to count the three-month period. The child must be added (in a Community Center or municipality), for this indication to work.
19. In case of death of the baby the mother is entitled to the birth allowance;
Yes, if the newborn was born alive and an AMKA has been issued for it.
20. I am a single mother, third-country national and I do not reside legally and permanently continuously from the year 2012 until today. I am entitled to childbirth allowance;
Yes, provided that, except for other conditions, there is recognition from the biological father of the child, who is a Greek or European citizen or a citizen of a third country and meets the conditions of legal and permanent residence from the year 2012 until today.
In this case, the following additional supporting documents are submitted for inspection to the Community Center:
- The act of recognizing the child.
- The last DFE (E1) father's, if he is a Greek or European citizen.
- When the father is a third country citizen, the tax returns for the financial years 2013 and 2014 relating to the incomes of the years 2012, 2013 and tax years 2014 to date concerning the incomes of the years 2014 until today.
In these it must be controlled, if the respective tax returns were filed during the year in which they were due and not any, after the end of the year in which the above deadline was set, filing a tax return.
Example: The submission of the tax return (E1) for income earned by 1-1 to 31-12-2014 must be done by 31-12-2015. If the tax return (E1) has been submitted by 1-1-2016 and onwards, is not taken into account for completing the number of tax returns required to prove residence in Greece by the 2012. According to the provisions of the birth allowance, the control for the permanent residence of the citizens of third countries in Greece starts from the year 2012 (fiscal year 2013).
It is pointed out that, in the online application, the father who recognized the child is not added to the composition of the unmarried mother's family.
Leave a Reply