The initiatives, projects, but also the planning of actions for people with disabilities, were the central theme of the joint press conference, granted by the mayor of Kozani Lazaros Maloutas and the president of the Association of the Disabled of Western Macedonia, Michalis Migos.
The press conference was held on the occasion of 3the December, International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
Mr.. Migos after thanking the mayor of Kozani for the excellent cooperation, referred to the importance of World Day, the value of supporting people with disabilities and their families, and praised the work of the Municipality of Kozani on issues of accessibility and equal treatment.
As underlined by Mr.. Maloutas, The Municipality of Kozani places special emphasis on equal access of all citizens to its services, while pledging to culminate in efforts to integrate people with disabilities into every aspect of politics, social, economic and cultural life.
In this direction, The mayor of Kozani referred extensively to the initiatives that the Municipality has taken for years.
- Training structures: Proposal for the construction of a new Special Kindergarten / Primary school through PPP
- Other support structures:
-Concession of the building to the Community of Argilos for use by the Association of Parents, Guardians and Friends of People with Autism.
-Submission of a proposal to the NSRF for financing the project of the support structure for people with mental disabilities and multiple disabilities in the SPA (Sunbeam)
-Concession of a building to the Community of Argilos for use by the "Ark"
-Operation of a Center for Creative Employment of People with Disabilities
In addition, the Municipality of Kozani having as a priority the equal access of all citizens to its services, places particular emphasis on their accessibility by people with disabilities, utilizing new technologies.
The Municipality of Kozani in detail:
- Has installed a pioneering application for the service of deaf and hard of hearing people at the City Hall, as well as an additional right of use which was donated to Mamatsio General Hospital of Kozani.
- Implements an innovative action for the data of the country, attributing to the Greek Sign Language, with audio description and subtitling the decisions taken by the Municipal Council.
- Has received funding from the NSRF for an innovative "smart" application to serve people with visual impairments. In this context, innovative technology devices will be installed in municipal buildings.
- Has completed actions to improve accessibility to municipal buildings and has installed stair lifts, wheelchair accessible for people with mobility problems, on the premises of municipal buildings.
- The Municipality of Kozani has been reducing by several years 50% municipal fees for people with disabilities and other social groups.
- Due to the pandemic and aimed at protecting public health and protecting citizens, the Municipality creates a line Disabled service line
- A working group has been set up to set up a personalized "Services Office for the Disabled"
The video of the press conference