The way opens to retirement for three major categories of its insured debtors ΕΦΚΑ – ΚΕΑΟ, with the new increased debt ceilings provided by the Hatzidakis law.
Its provisions amended the limits of debts that can be incurred by persons applying for retirement and expanded the categories of insured persons. – debtors who can receive their pension provided that their debt will be repaid in installments with a deduction from the pension. According to the News, this is mainly for freelancers, self-employed, scientists, lawyers, doctors, notaries but also farmers.
This means that a large number of insured persons could not file for retirement due to debt, has this feature now, both due to the increase in the ceiling, as well as due to the disconnection of the limit from the type of debt, given that the average increase in debt is close to a percentage 20% of the total amount owed.
In particular, the following are clarified:
- The total amount of the debt up to the above limits on a case by case basis is withheld in installments from the pension, The maximum number of doses is defined as 60 installments and the amount of each installment can not be less than 50 euro for freelancers, the self-employed - scientists, etc.. - and 30 euros for farmers.
- In the case of successive insurance, the amount due is withheld by the body affiliated to the e-EFKA that awards the pension and, if the former OGA participates in the pension, the individual debt amount is part of the limit of 6.000 euro.
- If the amount owed is higher from 20.000 euro or especially for those coming from the former OGA from 6.000 euro, the insured must repay the excess within two months from the notification to him of the debt document, otherwise, the retirement application is rejected.
The three categories of insured – debtors who can immediately apply for retirement are:
- Self-employed (OAEE) who had principal debts over 14.202 euros and total debt (principal debt and surcharges) under 20.000 euro. Under the previous regime, The competent services of e-EFKA divided the debt into principal and surcharges and rejected the requests for debt settlement and repayment through the pension if the amount of the principal debt exceeded the 14.202 euro, even if the total debt did not exceed 20.000 euro. Most, with the new layout, the pension is paid, provided that the total amount owed by the insured to e-EFKA from any kind of insurance contributions, debts from recognition of fictitious insurance time, additional fees and other charges are not greater than 20.000 euro. In other words, the existing discrimination in capital is abolished 14.202 euros and surcharges – fines 6.000 euro, something that simplifies procedures.
- Self-employed – scientists, Lawyers, doctors, engineers, contractors, notaries, sanitary, generally insured with the former EBRD, who owe over 15.000 euros and up to 20.000 euro. Until recently, they could not retire, as well as the applications of those in debt from 15.000 euros and above were discarded until their debt fell to 15.000. Now the debt limit that unlocks the door of retirement is also for this category of insured in 20.000 euro. Therefore those who owe more than 15.000 but below 20.000 can now apply for retirement immediately.
- Farmers of the former OGA with debts over 4.000 euros and up to 6.000 euro. As for the debts that arise only from being included in the insurance of the former OGA, the pension is paid, provided that the amount owed by the insured does not exceed 6.000 euro.
The new debt limits per Fund are formed based on the new legislation as follows:
EBRD. Former EBRD insured (self-employed scientists, Lawyers, notaries, bailiffs, doctors, sanitary, engineers, contractors), who have debts to e-EFKA from any kind of insurance contributions, from recognition of fictitious insurance time, additional fees and other charges, which do not exceed the amount of 20.000 euro, they can now apply for retirement, while until today they could not, and start the payment of the pension for those who owed for the above reasons an amount of 15.000 euros and up.
OAEE. The total limit also applies to the insured persons who come from the former OAEE 20.000 euro, regardless of the cause of debt, until today, the existence of a debt higher than their was preventing them from retiring 14.202 euros from principal debt, even if the total amount of the debt together with the surcharges did not exceed 20.000 euro.
OGA. Insured persons from the former OGA can apply for retirement, even if they owe a total amount greater than 4.000 and up 6.000 euro, while all the above also apply to cases of retirement with successive insurance, as well as for pending retirement applications.