The preliminary studies of the giant irrigator of the Northern Zone of Lake Polyphytos budget 580,284.00 € (with VAT 24%) to submit a proposal to the EAP 2012-2016, was suggested by the Deputy Regional Governor P.E.. Kozani Grigoris Tsioumaris.
The new Regional Authority initially raised the issue at the Regional Council on 16 October 2019 the preliminary studies of this leading project at the level of Western Macedonia, signaling its intention and vision to proceed with the necessary actions for its implementation after being delayed for several years.
So, at 26/1/2021 the preliminary studies were delivered by AN.KO, at 31/12/2020 The final study of the budget project of € 1,300,000.00 was included in the Public Investment program and on 28/5/2021 the required preliminary designs of the project were included.
- The total project budget is estimated at 90.000.000 € (attached budget).
- It is proposed to apply reduced input farming practices, leading to adequate irrigation infrastructure 50.000 acres, with the possibility of extension to 62.000 acres and estimated budget in 109.000.000 € (attached budget)., to cover the total arable area under 400m. altitude.
- It is possible to extend the irrigation point above the level of 400m, such as the land reclamation area of Ano and Kato Komi, the irrigator of Messiani, the irrigation of Aiani, the irrigation of Lefkara, by keeping the total irrigated area constant.
- Through energy offset with provision for construction of a photovoltaic power park 5 MW for 50.000 στρ. and 6,21 MW for 62.000 στρ., the total operating energy cost can be covered.
- Είναι δυνατή η τροφοδότηση με νερό του υφιστάμενου αρδευτικού Σερβίων από τον ταμιευτήρα Ιλαρίωνα, after an increase of 420.000,00 € of the total cost of the project and with the possibility of covering more than it 50% of the irrigation needs of the Serbian irrigator and reduction of the energy expenditure of the Serbian irrigator which is estimated more than 20%.
- It is proposed to consider the possibility of using the infrastructure of the PPC submersible pumping station at Lake Polyphytou, in order to avoid the construction of an additional such pumping station in Lake Polyphytos. However, the construction of a new water lifting pumping station in the Vathilakko sector tank of the proposed project will be required., as it is not considered profitable to use the existing PPC pumps, due to their large size that can be lifted to 500 meters.
- It is proposed to investigate the creation of an implementing body for this large irrigation network, in accordance with the provisions of the legislation, such as. ΓΟΕΒ.
|Axis 7:||Maturation of development planning - Technical support and publicity|
|Subway 7.1:||Studies and services for the maturation of development planning|
|Project Title:||Preliminary studies of irrigation of the Northern Zone of Lake Polyphytos with irrigation from the reservoirs of Polyphytos and Hilarion|
|How much (in €):||580.283,96€ including VAT 24%|
|Proposing Body :||Region of western Macedonia / Π.Ε. Kozani|
|Implementing Agency :||Development of Western Macedonia SA. - ANKO|
|Agency E.Piof Studies :||ΔΤΕ Π.Ε. Kozani|