He was searched by police officers of the Eordea Security Department, theft committed against an elderly person, in the area of Ptolemaida, where a 32-year-old citizen was arrested, while a relevant criminal case was filed against his 36-year-old accomplice.
Specifically, after a police investigation it emerged that, the day before yesterday (02-02-2021) at noon in her area Ptolemaida, the 36-year-old after approaching 90-year-old, succeeded by the method of embrace and employment, to remove from his shirt pocket, the amount of money 1.000 euro. Subsequently, boarded a car. car driven by her 32-year-old accomplice and they fled.
After police investigations, was located yesterday (03-02-2021) in the morning the 32-year-old, in an area of Veria and was arrested by police of the Security Department of Veria.
From the Eordea Security Department the preliminary investigation continues, while their participation in other similar criminal acts is being considered.
The case file will be submitted to Mr.. Prosecutor Misdemeanor cases Kozani.
On the occasion of these incidents, the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia reminds some useful tips for the elderly:
- Do not be easily persuaded by people, which "approach" you as known relatives – friendly persons.
- Do not open your door to strangers.
- Be especially wary of strangers trying to enter your home under various pretexts and tricks.
- If a stranger enters your home under any pretext (e.g. research conduct, sale of a product, need to make a call etc.), do not allow it to move to other areas of your home, beyond what is needed and never lose eye contact with it.
- In this case, take care of your personal belongings, in order to avoid their removal by the method of employment.
- Under no circumstances should strangers take you to a Credit Shop or ATM to withdraw money..
- Try to retain the characteristics of the perpetrators, as well as the vehicles with which they move (Registration number, vehicle make, color etc.), to assist the work of law enforcement.
- Always have your phone numbers available, with whom you must contact in case of emergency (Police, Fire Department, Hospitals, close relatives etc.).
- Inform your home persons (of the closer and wider relative, friendly and social environment) and especially the elderly about the content of this and advise them on it, in order to avoid their being victimized.