On Wednesday 28/07/2021 The Environment Committee of Western Macedonia met. The main topic of discussion was the EIA of the development project "New railway line Kalampaka - Dimitra", of strategic importance for the region of Western Macedonia, as the President pointed out, K. Kalliopi Kyriakidou.
The specific project, as described by Mr.. K. Μουρουδέλης, Director of DISSI OSE, is part of the Kalabaka - Siatista railway connection – Kozani – Kastoria - Krystallopigi and belongs to the detailed Network of the Trans-European Railway Networks. In fact, At the present stage, OSE and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are examining the inclusion of this project together with the equivalent of the Kozani - Veria railway connection in the central network., acquiring, so, increased priority in funding.
After the intervention of the Deputy Regional Head of Rural Development, K. Vassilios Abas, on the negative effects that the crossing of the line can create on the arable lands of the TOEB area between the Communities of Karperos and Dimitra, the Commission gave a majority of positive opinions, with the condition of re-examination of the alignment through the area of TOEB, ensuring its smooth operation and that in the final study the proposals of the local community will be taken into account. In this direction was the relevant assurance and commitment of Mr.. Mouroudeli that the planned project will respect the operation of all land improvement projects in the area of the railway crossing, securing the interests of residents and farmers.
They were discussed in the Commission, also, 6 EIA of PV Stations by PPC Renewables SA. The President pointed out, how the specific projects concern installation within the cores of de-lignification zones – ZAP, without, however, having completed the elaboration of the special urban plans that will determine the land uses and on the basis of which the business activity will be developed in the area.. Therefore, is not correct, although permitted by law, to consider investments without first completing the design, especially in lands that have been restored and which could be returned for productive use to the inhabitants of the area.
Mr.. A. Antoniadis from PPC Renewables stressed the company's intention to cooperate with local communities and the Region. Mr.. Papazoglou from the Municipality of Eordea and Mr.. Ι. Nikolaidis from the Local Community of Ptolemaida, reiterated the need to complete the special urban plans, so that land uses are defined, avoiding the risk of impairment of arable and grazing land. The Commission gave its opinion unanimously in the negative 7/21 decision of the PS for RES licenses.
For the EIA of the project "Conversion of the Old Observatory in the Mountainous Area of Alevitsa into a shelter and view area and maintenance of Walking Trails connecting it with the Line Trail Network, in the Municipality of Nestori ", the Deputy Regional Governor of Kastoria, K. D. Savvopoulos, highlighted the very positive development regarding the certification of walking routes. The EIA was voted unanimously in favor.
The EIA Strategy. of the Sectoral Development Program of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport 2021-2025 was discussed, also, to the Commission. The strategic objectives of the Program concern Infrastructure Development, Green Growth, Social Development, Smart Development and Program Support. The SPC was voted unanimously in favor.
End, off the agenda, The Chairman of the Board of the Municipality of Velvento intervened in the Meeting, K. Vaia Mallou. He referred to the opposition of the citizens expressed through the recent decision of the Board of Directors, for investment 13 wind turbines on the ridge of Pieria and requested the discussion of the issue in an upcoming Regional Council. Mrs.. Kyriakidou reiterated the firm position of the Regional Authority against the specific investment until the completion of the necessary spatial plans.
Analytically, the topics discussed are as follows:
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: «Photovoltaic Power Station 14,988 MW in place “ΠΤΕΛΕΩΝΑΣ 1” NOT. Saint Paraskevi & Ptolemaida, Municipality of Eordea. Project operator: PPC RENEWABLE SA.
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: "Photovoltaic Power Station 18,00018 MW at the location "Pteleonas 2" D.E.. Saint Paraskevi & Ptolemaida, Municipality of Eordea. Project operator: PPC RENEWABLE SA.
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: "Photovoltaic Power Generation Station 134,978 MW in place “PARTICLE 5” of the D.E.. Ptolemaida of the Municipality of Eordea. Project operator: PPC RENEWABLE SA.
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: "Photovoltaic Power Generation Station 39,7824 MW in place “PARTICLE 7” and the Perdikka Substation, of the D.E.. Ptolemaida of the Municipality of Eordea. Project operator: PPC RENEWABLE SA.
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: "Photovoltaic Power Station 39.99003MW at the site “Silver 1” NOT. Eagle, Ptolemaida and Filota, Municipalities of Amyntaio & Εορδαίας. Project operator: PPC RENEWABLE SA.
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: "Photovoltaic Power Generation Station 104,9436 MW in place “DEFENSE 2” in D.E.. Ptolemaida & Filota of the Municipalities of Eordea & Amynteou. Project operator: PPC RENEWABLE SA.
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: "New railway line Kalambaka – Demeter". Project operator: Ο.Σ.Ε. SA.
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: "Conversion of an Old Observatory in the Mountain Range of Alevitsa into a shelter and view area and maintenance of Walking Trails connecting it to the Line Trail Network, in the Municipality of Nestori. Project operator: MUNICIPALITY OF NESTORI.
- Σ.Μ.Π.Ε. of the Sectoral Development Program of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport 2021-2025.