The bill of the Ministry of Education and Religions "Upgrading the School" was submitted to the Parliament, Empowerment of Teachers and other provisions ".
Purpose of the bill, according to the Ministry of Education is the creation of an even better school, which provides more and better supplies for the present and the future of students, as well as the release of the teaching staff, in a context of greater freedom, ongoing support and increased accountability.
The bill consists of 3 interconnected pillars:
- Strengthening the autonomy of school units.
- Free choice of book (multiple book)
- Freedom in the form of 4-month evaluation tests (e.g. application of the flipped classroom model, individual / group work instead of an hourly competition)
- Decentralization of the process of approval of educational programs, research and internships
- Possibility of forming educational groups
- Monthly pedagogical meetings
- Strengthen the role of the Principal and the Teachers in Positions of Responsibility
- Establishment of support bodies for the Principal and the School, by scoring and taking into account in the evaluation file: a) Deputy Managers (on the recommendation of the Director), b) In-school coordinators, c) Mentors, d) Apprenticeship Liaison Officers at ENEEGYL.
- Establishing a mechanism for evaluating the work of teachers as a means of improving and empowering teachers, along with increased accountability and transparency.
- Evaluation of teachers' work , with the aim of their professional development and ensuring the improvement of the quality of education provided. In case of a positive evaluation, reward through points is provided (for selection to positions of responsibility, eg School principal) and in case of negative evaluation, compulsory training.
- Evaluation of the work of training executives, for the purpose of monitoring of their effectiveness, twice during their term of office (both in the middle and at the end) and provision for replacement in the event of a negative evaluation.
- Increased Transparency and Accountability: Greek PISA, with Diagnostic tests of the effectiveness of the educational system for students of 6th Dim. and 3rd Gymn. (language and mathematics), anonymously and without the result being taken into account in the student's grade, school website (transparency) and accessibility for the disabled, more flexible and functional scheme of School Boards.
- Strengthening education structures ;for the effective pedagogical support of the autonomous school.
- We strengthen the pedagogical work. With specific responsibilities for its monitoring, in order to find out, for example, how the Skills Laboratories that are being introduced this year in all Kindergartens are doing, Primary and Secondary Schools of the country or how the activities in English in the Kindergarten are progressing, which are also introduced universally from September.
- We strengthen the support of our students and our teachers, given the impact of the pandemic, with psychologists and social workers in schools.
With the new bill, we move from memorization to critical analysis and thought, we unleash the creative initiative of our teachers, we trust them, we create improvement mechanisms, we decentralize our education system. We are building his school tomorrow, today.
In addition, we introduce an organized system of ecclesiastical education with the aim of upgrading the educational level of the clergy and continuing to streamline the academic map of the country. Κληρικοί θα μπορούν να μισθοδοτηθούν από το Δημόσιο πλέον μόνο εφόσον κατέχουν πτυχίο από Σχολή Μαθητείας Κληρικών ή από ΑΕΙ (and not e.g.. from primary or secondary education as in force to date), while the Supreme Ecclesiastical Academies are united by 4 in 2.
Alongside, are imported innovative arrangements, such as
- the application 123 new Curricula pilot next school year.
- the conduct of all electoral procedures in Higher Education Institutions exclusively through electronic voting, as well as the possibility of meeting the collective bodies of the institutions by video conference, regardless of coronavirus, in order to facilitate the participants and the more efficient completion of the above processes with the use of new technologies.
See the bill HERE