The bill of the Ministry of Citizen Protection for asylum was submitted to the Parliament last night, which will be introduced tomorrow for discussion in the Public Administration Committee, Public Order and Justice.
It is mentioned in the relevant explanatory memorandum:
"The proposed draft law attempts a significant cut in the legal framework governing the provision of international protection, as all the provisions are systematized and adapted into a single piece of legislation, governing the recognition and status of third-country nationals or stateless persons, as beneficiaries of international protection, their status refugees or persons entitled to subsidiary protection, the reception of senior applicants, the procedure for granting and revoking the international protection regime as well as the procedure for granting judicial protection ".
Specifically, in 121 articles of the bill are provided among other things:
- the distinction between three-year residence permits for those granted refugee status and one-year residence permits for those granted subsidiary protection status
- access to primary and secondary education for minors becomes mandatory, who have been granted international protection status
- Special Asylum Service Rapid Assistance Scales are recommended to prioritize asylum applications
- penalties are imposed in case of non-compliance of third country nationals with the requirements of the law, such as the internal regulations of the accommodation center and the decision to transfer to another center
- post-traumatic stress is eliminated as a reason for vulnerability
- redefine procedures for granting and revoking international protection status and the jurisdiction of administrative courts to hear cases. Applicants have the right to stay in the country until the completion of the administrative procedure for examining the application in the first instance.
- the composition of the Boards of Appeal is redefined, which now consist only of judicial officers
- The right of asylum seekers to access the work provided six months after the submission of the application is limited, unless a decision has been made in the first instance, and it is provided that until they obtain the right to work, the applicants receive the Health Care Card, which has a validity period corresponding to the validity period of their vouchers (except for pregnant women for whom it is valid for one year)
It is noted that the relevant consultation on bill completed yesterday at 4 in the afternoon and were filed 332 comments. Sources of the Ministry of Civil Protection report to APE-MPE that comments of the consultation have been incorporated in the bill.
Among the changes that have been made are the addition to the article 39 predict that, when deciding whether to refer third-country nationals to reception and identification centers or other inland structures, λαμβάνονται υπόψη «η αρχή της οικογενειακής ενότητας και το βέλτιστο συμφέρον του παιδιού».
also, στις περιπτώσεις που εφαρμόζεται η εξαιρετική διαδικασία υποβολής αιτήσεων στα σύνορα ορίζεται ότι η επίδοση της απόφασης γίνεται εντός μίας ημέρας από την έκδοσή της και όχι εντός δέκα ημερών, όπως αναφερόταν στο υπό διαβούλευση σχέδιο (article 82).
Αυξάνονται οι προθεσμίες για τις διαδικασίες στα σύνορα: η απόφαση του πρώτου βαθμού εκδίδεται εντός επτά ημερών, η προθεσμία για την άσκηση προσφυγής είναι επτά ημέρες, η προσφυγή προσδιορίζεται εντός τεσσάρων ημερών και η απόφαση προσφυγή εκδίδεται εντός επτά ημερών (article 90). End, στις περιπτώσεις που εφαρμόζονται οι διαδικασίες στα σύνορα αυξάνεται το χρονικό περιθώριο κατάθεσης υπομνήματος για όποιο ασκεί προσφυγή ως μία ημέρα πριν από τη συζήτηση της προσφυγής του (article 99).