In the context of the contacts of the Management of TEE / TDM, President Sylliris Nikos and members of the Steering Committee (Kianas Stergios member of DE-p. Chairman, Bakavou Lina Vice President and Tziolas Giannis Gen.. Secretary), met on Wednesday 18/08/2021 in the conference room of DIADYMA with the General Manager, K. Δημοσθένη Mavridi and company executives.
Τα θέματα της ενημερωτικής συζήτησης ήταν the planning and actions of DIADYMA SA in relation to waste and waste management, the use of energy for the purpose of cogeneration of electricity and heating, in combination with the possibility of the TEE / TDM contributing to the implementation of the actions .
Mr. Demosthenes Mavridis and his associates presented the results from the current management of Municipal Solid Waste (ASA) in Western Macedonia, as well as the new actions that will be included in the revised Regional Solid Waste Management Plan (ΠΕΣΔΑ), in order to align this with the new increased requirements set by the new National Waste Management Plan (ΕΣΔΑ) and which relate mainly to:
- Increase recycling, with Source Sorting systems for packaging materials (paper,
plastic, metals, glass).
- Development of the network for the separate collection of biowaste (brown bucket).
- Development of the collection network of Small Amounts of Hazardous Waste (BEA).
- Upgrading of the existing Waste Treatment Plant (ΜΕΑ) to increase it
recovery of recyclable materials.
- Creation of a Sewage Treatment Plant, for hydrogen production or
- Creation of a Landfill for Hazardous Waste (CAST) for the mood
waste generated from activities in Western Macedonia.
- Creation of a Unit for Energy Utilization of residues and / or other secondary
products derived from waste management for electricity generation
and thermal energy.
- Development of a pesticide packaging management network. And
- Creation of a Circular Economy Park.
It was pointed out that the direct financing and implementation of the above actions will ensure the conditions for achieving the objectives of the new ECHR..