Announcement on the occasion of heatstroke and sunbathing of workers at construction sites in our area
The new heat wave that will flood the whole country requires that all the necessary protection measures for the health of the workers be observed.
The temperature will hit red and thousands of workers are forced to face workplaces-furnaces, real hells. The period we are going through, walking towards the heart of summer is objectively a period of high temperatures.
Οι ημέρες του καύσωνα αποτελούν ένα ακόμα καμπανάκι κινδύνου για την εργατική τάξη. This also applies to open spaces (construction sites, etc.), where there is direct sun exposure, but also indoors, where either due to construction (insufficient ventilation, underground, μεταλλική σκεπή, etc.), or due to labor factors (e.g. engine operation) working conditions will be unbearable and destructive.
Workers working outdoors and outdoors are exposed to the effects of the weather, must be protected. The hat is not a solution, glasses and a bottle of water, which are often heard in the workplace.
In our area, protection measures must be taken immediately at the construction sites of photovoltaic parks, in the construction of the Ptolemaida V power plant Unit, at the desulfurization site at the Ag. Dimitriou 5, archaeological excavations etc. where workers are exposed all the time in open spaces. The working conditions are becoming even more suffocating due to the African dust and the dust that exists from the operation of the mines of PPC SA..
The latest law-abortion that leads employees to more and unpaid working hours by introducing 10-hour work, is a bell for everyone in terms of protecting the health of workers as a whole and not just in times of severe weather.
For all the above, to take immediately all the necessary measures for the safety and health of workers with effective control of employer responsibility by the control mechanisms of the state. Contrary to the laws of the government that wants to get rid of political responsibilities regarding the control of employer responsibility and therefore tries to weaken labor inspections and the corresponding KEPEK. Strengthen control in all workplaces.
We call on every colleague where he observes documents of employer arbitrariness and non-observance of hygiene and safety measures as well as the measures for heat conditions to immediately report them to the union.
- Άμεση διακοπή όλων των υπαίθριων εργασιών όταν η θερμοκρασία ξεπεράσει τους 38 The Respectively, immediate cessation of work in particularly heavily heated areas. Full payment of the wage without any cuts.
- Abstention from work, when heat conditions prevail, employees in high-risk groups (heart patients, lung patients, diabetics, kidney patients). Full payment of the wage.
- Limit heavy work when temperature and humidity conditions create suffocating conditions.
- Provide continuous drinking water to employees near their workplace. Creating suitable air-conditioned break areas for the rest of the employees, more frequent breaks without any change in working hours.
- Establishment of a state body of occupational physicians and safety technicians integrated in an exclusively public health system, abolition of business activity in the field of OSH.
- Occupational risk assessment by the Occupational Physician and the Safety Technician and implementation by the employers, all necessary technical and organizational measures for the effective protection of the health and safety of workers.