The coronavirus pandemic that accelerated and deepened the financial crisis and its management by the government came to give an additional blow to the crumpled income of the fur workers.
The factories stopped operating and the workers were left with them 534 euros of suspension not enough to meet their needs , while many are the long-term unemployed.
This blow was added to the accumulated problems of the employees of the sector in the previous period with the salary reductions and the circumvention of the Sectoral Employment Contract., intensification , flexible working relationships, uninsured work etc.. All this despite the brave support of fur entrepreneurs .(Subsidies , infrastructure, debt charity etc.)
Today, developments have led to intensified international competition due to shrinking production worldwide , οι επιχειρηματίες της γούνας τις αξιοποιούν απαιτώντας νέα προνόμια,intensifying the attack on workers, and at the same time some of them are oriented to invest their capital in other profitable industries leading the furriers to despair and misery.
The experience of the last 10 years should teach us that the logic of lesser evil and the reduction of our demands, always brings the biggest. Thus, conquests of time and rights like the KSSE were lost, Social Security etc.. conquered by hard struggles.
The factories are not closed by our claims as provocatively claimed by the employers. They are closed by the relentless international capitalist competition (i.e.. your death my life), their law of profit, the system of exploitation, the free market policy of the EU and the governments over time in our country that serve it.
We can not and must not compromise with the crumbs of shift work. The government and fur manufacturers have a responsibility to cover all workers in the industry in terms of wages and insurance..
The only way in these circumstances is to take the matter of protecting our lives into our own hands and impose the solutions we need with our struggles..
- Full coverage of the insurance and salary rights of the employees for as long as the companies remain closed. Not in shift work. Complete and stable job.
- Signing a Collective Bargaining Agreement with salaries that meet our needs.
- Health and safety measures in the workplace.
- Unemployment benefit for all unemployed, without terms and conditions, for the entire period of unemployment. The period of unemployment to be recognized as a pensionable time without burden on the unemployed.
- Substantial Strengthening of the Public Health System (Kastoria Hospital, ΚΥ Σιάτιστας, regional clinics etc.).
- Integration of fur workers in the BAE
To be on the alert , to strengthen our grouping around the unions , to fight for our rights.