Through mobilefees.gov.gr the applications for the exemption of young people 15-29 years, from mobile and prepaid telephony charges. Step – Step by step process.
Exemption from mobile and prepaid telephony charges young people can have from today 15-29 years, as the Ministries of Digital Governance and Finance launched the mobilefees.gov.gr.
The platform was implemented by the General Secretariat for Information Systems of Public Administration with the assistance of the General Secretariat of Telecommunications and Posts. Through it, the young aged 15-29 year olds can register their mobile phone in the Register of Beneficiaries of Exemption of Mobile Telephony and Credit Telephony Subscribers (Μη.Δ.Α.Τε.), to be exempt from mobile and prepaid charges.
The registration in the Register is very simple and is completed with the declaration of AMKA (or PAUPA), the mobile number of the beneficiary and the provider in which the mobile phone number operates for fee exemption.
The entrance to mobilefees.gov.gr is done through Taxisnet codes:
- or the beneficiary, if he is an adult (18-29 years),
- or the one who has custody of the beneficiary, if he is a minor (15-17). The custody relationship is automatically checked, after crossing with the Citizens' Register or alternatively with the form E1 of the latest income tax return.
Upon completion of the submission of the application to the Register, the mobile service provider is automatically informed of the application of the exemption when issuing an invoice or renewing airtime, without any further action on the part of the beneficiary. In case of transfer of the number to another company (portability), the new provider is automatically informed through the Register that the specific number is entitled to exemption. End, the exemption will automatically be terminated for beneficiaries who complete the 29The year.
Please note that each beneficiary can enter a mobile phone number to request an exemption. Anytime, the beneficiary can delete the exemption request in one number and activate it in another in his possession, if he wishes. Citizens can submit more than one application if they have more than one beneficiary in their custody.
The possibility of registration in the Register will be given gradually, starting Monday 10 January 2022, based on the final VAT number of the applicant, as follows:
- 10 January 2022: activation of VAT with a final digit 0
- 11 January 2022: activation of VAT with a final digit 1
- 12 January 2022: activation of VAT with a final digit 2
- 13 January 2022: activation of VAT with a final digit 3
- 14 January 2022: activation of VAT with a final digit 4
- 15 January 2022: activation of VAT with a final digit 5
- 16 January 2022: activation of VAT with a final digit 6
- 17 January 2022: activation of VAT with a final digit 7
- 18 January 2022: activation of VAT with a final digit 8
- 19 January 2022: activation of VAT with a final digit 9
Beneficiaries who do not have Taxisnet codes or citizens who apply for a minor beneficiary and the custody relationship can not be confirmed by electronic crossover, can apply to the Citizens' Service Centers to register in the Register. The submission of applications to the KEP will be available from 20the January 2022.
This initiative comes to complement the new, single and fixed amount of mobile and prepaid telephony charges 10%, applicable to all of 1the January 2022. Implemented, so, full commitment of Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis to reduce taxes on telecommunications, as he announced in his speech at the Thessaloniki International Fair in September 2021. The measure contributes to relieving households and businesses from tax burdens, with the aim of boosting disposable income and improving the prospects of all citizens, and especially young people.