On Monday 26 and and Tuesday 27 October was held by the Office of the Counter-Energy Department, Infrastructure and Environment,energy conference on θέμαEnergy Efficiency: SME skills and programs
It was a specialized discussion and exchange of views, proposals, solutions and good practices of foreign countries related to the current important policy at Regional level, on Energy Efficiency for a Green Region.
Experts from outside the Region of Western Macedonia in matters of Energy Efficiency were selected by the team of Interreg Europe and presented in detail their scientific and professional knowledge in 2 sectors:
1) Δεξιότητες και συμβουλές ενεργειακής απόδοσης
- Development of energy saving skills in buildings and companies at all levels (construction workers, installers, engineers, students, consultants, auditors etc.)
- Efficient energy saving training programs.
- Providing energy efficiency advice to homeowners and companies, including technology and funding opportunities.
2) Energy efficiency programs / resources for SMEs
- Energy saving (and natural resources) in companies.
- Successful examples of areas in relation to energy / resource savings at SME level.
- Support measures through the Region of Western Macedonia for the promotion of such projects.
The guest speakers who attended the video conference were as follows:
- Savvas Vlachos, Director of the Cyprus Energy Office.
- SuadaMustajbegovic, Deputy Head of the Energy Efficiency and RES Sector at the Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency Fund of the Republic of Croatia.
- LucianoMuleStagno, Professor at the University of Malta - Director of the Sustainable Energy Institute.
also, The proposals of two other experts who were unable to attend due to disability were presented:
- ChristianeEgger, Deputy Director of the Regional Energy Saving Agency of Upper Austria.
- Dr.. Costas Konstantinou, Collaborator in EU co-financed Projects in the Development Company of OTA East Thessaloniki – ANATOΛIKH A.E.
The teleconference was attended by representatives of the University of Western Macedonia, of the Regional Development Fund, of the Special Managing Authority, of ANKO, of CERTH, of the CluBE Biochemistry and Environment Cluster and the TEE / TDM.
The proposals discussed seemed to interest the stakeholders, with the prospect of collaborations - synergies in the near future and to strengthen the economic activity of the local community.
This action is part of the general effort of the Regional Authority, make use of opportunities and good practices, that can add value to all productive sectors of our Regional Economy.