The Kozani Chamber must position and evaluate the interventions of the State and the Local Government that aim at the strengthening of entrepreneurship.
On the occasion of the announcement of the beneficiaries of the program of support of affected enterprises announced by Regional Governor C. Kasapidis, we must observe the following:
We welcome the announcement and implementation of the action, αλλά και κάθε δράσης η οποία στηρίζει την πληττόμενη επιχειρηματικότητα. We urge every competent authority, keep moving in that direction. Nevertheless, this action seems to have had significant design problems. Specifically, the criteria that defined the scores of the applications, presented a distorted picture of who the affected companies are, and must ultimately be supported.
– There was no special premium provision for companies that were forcibly closed by state order.
– Not much emphasis was placed on reducing profitability, in relation to SMEs
– The companies that increased their turnover in the disputed period were not excluded
– Businesses that increased their profitability during the period in question were not excluded.
– The maximum grant amount is considered excessive for the majority of beneficiaries.
– The amount of the subsidy was not linked to the extent to which each company was affected
– The costs of its use 2019, can in no way capture the financial “wounds” that emerged for a business in 2020 due to the crown. There are typical examples of colleagues, who accept that their financial loss, is clearly less than the amount with which they will be supported.
All the above reasons, contributed to the exhaustion of the program budget very quickly. Note that things would have been much worse if we had stayed on the original budget, ο οποίος ήταν υποτετραπλάσιος του τελικού. Fortunately, the Regional Authority showed reflexes on that issue. Par’ all this though, we finally conclude that the aim of the program was not to strengthen the companies that based on the financial data had a reduced turnover. But generally all businesses (whose BRANCHES are considered affected by the State) and jobs in general.
The Kozani Chamber expresses its dissatisfaction, for the effectiveness that the measure will ultimately have for the entire business world, but also for the average professional. We suggest that every possible possibility be explored to support all other companies that are really affected., by extending this action or announcing a new one immediately. First to prevent possible padlocks that will appear on the market, and then to restore the sense of injustice that exists in the ranks of our colleagues.
We recognize any share of our responsibility and urge the Governor to form a framework for cooperation with the 4 Chambers of the area, but also with the Regional Chamber Council. The discussion that takes place after a celebration these days, with the Governor answering through press conferences may not make sense. But it may be the right path for next time.