Document addressed to the Prime Minister of the country, K. Kyriakos Mitsotakis, and the finance ministers, Development and Investment and Labor and Social Affairs, Mr.. Christos Staikoura, Adonis Georgiadis and Ioannis Vroutsis with parallel notification to the Regional Governor of PDM, K. Georgios Kasapidis and the Members of Parliament P.E.. Kozani, sent by the President of the Kozani Chamber, K. Nikolaos Sarris, on behalf of the Management of the institution requesting "Measures of substantial support to small and medium enterprises of PE. Kozani ». τThe text of the document is as follows:
"Dear Mr.. Prime Minister, Dear Messrs. Ministers, The second wave of the coronavirus pandemic finds the companies of PE. Kozani in an even more difficult position. Sustainability problems are not found only in the companies themselves but in the natural persons themselves who can no longer cope with immediate obligations and needs..
The general closure of retail and catering businesses three weeks earlier than the nationwide closure has caused suffocation in the small and medium enterprises of our place with all that this implies for owners and employees, at a time when the economy of the region is following a downward course, due to de-ligation, with the consequences already reflected in unemployment rates and market movement.
The announcement of the latest business support measures, demonstrated some "arrhythmias" during their implementation, especially for the case of P.E.. Kozani
Alongside, there are no effective support measures for natural persons in business, while the demand is now to have measures and interventions of a permanent nature, to address the effects of pandemics and de-lignification by businesses,
In more detail:
– Although there was a commitment to determine a similar amount of aid for the extra 21 closing days of the aforementioned companies, which would be displayed with a relevant algorithm in the amounts of the repayable advance, something like that did not happen. It is obvious that this is an omission that wrongs these companies.
– The rent subsidy should be extended to the rent of the first residence of the natural persons of the enterprises.
– The payment of the Christmas gift to be subsidized at 100% of the amount to which each employee is entitled. The closure of retail and catering stores for more than five months in 2020 and given that the P.E.. Kozani is not characterized as a tourist area are obvious reasons for inability to pay this obligation.
– Exemption from insurance contributions (ΕΦΚΑ) of natural persons of enterprises during the period in which the measure of closure of these enterprises remains in force.
– In general, there should be a rationalization of insurance contributions.
– Provide a subsidy program for current business employees – to which the closure measure applies - when these businesses reopen.
– Reduction of VAT. of focus on 6%.
Mr. Prime Minister,
It is necessary, as ever, the substantial support of small and medium-sized enterprises (ΜμΕ) of P.E.. Kozani. We believe that any initiatives should take into account the "scenario" that has been formed for the region, as the challenges are great but the needs are huge even when we return to normalcy. For this, "Please look at our region with more sensitivity and take the decisions that are necessary for the survival of the media in our region."