Workers are not responsible for the spread of the pandemic!
Government and employers take responsibility now.
S.E.EN calls for a protest at the headquarters (ΛΚΔΜ) the manufacture 23 October 8:00am for claiming protection measures in the workplace.
Colleagues, Colleagues, lately the pandemic in our country is showing an increase in cases. The new lockdown bears the stamp of the government that by refusing to take effective protection measures has brought us to this situation. The government throws the ball of responsibility to the people and to the individual responsibility of everyone and does not take effective measures to deal with the pandemic, that is, by recruiting medical nursing staff and health staff in general, increase in intensive care beds. The measures of the government are non-existent in relation to the real protection measures that the people need.
The recent escalation of cases is not a result of individual irresponsibility as presented to us by the government. It is the result of political decisions made by sanitary protocols for the sake of the profits of large hotel units., of large travel agencies and large companies in tourism.
PPC SA is moving with the same reasoning. Promotes the individual responsibility of employees , while at the same time there is a shortage in the workplace of personal protective measures such as masks, space disinfectants, antiseptics etc.. Diagnostic tests are not performed on all employees. In the midst of all this, he continues not to hire permanent medical and nursing staff at the stations and mines.. The result of all these shortcomings is an increase in workplace problems and therefore pandemic cases.. Apart from the above, the fact that there is no afternoon sanitary shift in the Kardia mine and in the hardlands of the Southern field is even more aggravating..
– Repeated tests on all workers at stations and mines regardless of employment relationship (permanent, contractors 8minites) under the responsibility of PPC SA.
– Coverage of all mines and stations with the necessary health personnel with permanent and stable work for the operation 24 hours a day of each doctor's office.
– Ensuring a low occupancy rate for the safety of workers on the means of transporting workers to and from mines and stations.
– Provide special purpose paid leave for those workers who need to stay home either to care for children or patients or for measures to deal with the pandemic ( e.g. closing buildings for disinfection).
– Removal of vulnerable groups from workplaces without any change in their working conditions. Measures to maintain distances at workplaces and offices in PPC SA. Operation of the health and safety committees at the premises of PPC SA
– Prohibition of dismissals, no negative change in the working conditions of the employees.
– Providing all necessary means of protection to employees under the sole responsibility of the employer and the state.
– 7hour- 5day - 35 hours. Permanent and stable job for everyone. Not in the intensification of work. Immediate staff recruitment and permanent staffing (8months-2 months, contractors). Abolition of contract slave trade.
– Immediate recruitment of permanent staff, full and exclusive employment in hospitals, health centres, EKAB, ICUs and laboratories. Open now all the health structures that were closed in the previous years. Permanent staff.
– Not in the de-lignification plan, not to close mines and stations. No to the further privatization of IPTO-HEDNO.
– Immediate integration of the employees hired with his last competition 2016.