The 1st Online Conference of Young Scientists on "Mineral Resources-Environment-Chemical Engineering" is organized by the Departments of Mineral Resources and Chemical Engineering of the University of Western Macedonia in three days 26-28 February 2021.
Young scientists (undergraduates, graduates, postgraduate students, PhD candidates, postdoctoral fellowships), presenting more than 130 Their original works will give the stigma of the scientific research carried out in Greece and Cyprus on the objects of Chemical Engineering, of the Environment and Mineral Resources.
Three guest speakers of prestigious prestige will accompany the panel of speakers with presentations of special scientific interest:
- Dr.. Dimitratos Nikolaos, Associate professor, Department of Industrial Chemistry, University of Bologna, Italy
- Dr.. Efstathiou Angelos, Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Cyprus
- Dr.. Tsikalas Filippos, Head of the Hydrocarbon Exploration Department of Vår Energi (former Eni-Norge) in Norway and Professor at the Department of Geosciences, University of Oslo.
Alongside, will be conducted two special sessions (in the form of a round table) in the thematic fields "Women and Science" and "Career Day and Young Scientists Abroad", with the following speakers as guests:
- Dr.. Kalamboukas Lambros, Technical director, head of new technology development and member of the board of directors of Alphonso Inc.
- Dr.. Kalogirou Sotiris, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering, Dean of the School, Technological University of Cyprus
- Dr.. Kousi Kalliopi, Postdoctoral Researcher, Newcastle University, England
- Dr.. Louloudi Maria, Teacher, President of the Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina
- Dr.. Mamma Diomi, Assistant Professor, School of Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens
- Dr.. Mitsopoulou Christiana, Teacher, President of the Department of Chemistry, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Dr.. Siavalas George, executive of the Royal Dutch Shell group of companies, works as an organic petrologist in the Department of Petroleum Systems and Hydrocarbon Geochemistry
At the end of the speeches, will be followed by awarding of the best presentations and will be granted certificates of attendance to all participants (rapporteurs and ordinary delegates). Participation in the conference is free.
For more information you can visit the conference website www.chemop.gr.
Deadline for registration of participants 20 February 2021
Conference program announcement 20 February 2021