The General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia publishes a total of statistics on road safety and traffic policing for the month July of the year 2018, in the territorial jurisdiction of the Police Directorates Grevena, Of Kastoria, Kozani and Florina. The publication of the data is accompanied by statistics – figures for the corresponding month last year.
a. Car accidents
In the territorial jurisdiction of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia, were noted 9 car accidents in July 2018, against 7 in the corresponding month 2017.
In particular, they were noted:
- 4 deadly accidents, against 2 the 2017
- no serious traffic accidents, against 1 the 2017.
- 5 minor traffic accidents, against 4 the 2017.
The traffic accidents that occurred in urban and rural areas of the Police Directorates were recorded in total 16 sufferers versus 11 in the corresponding month 2017. In particular, they were recorded:
- 5 dead, against 2 the 2017.
- 1 seriously injured, like the 2017.
- 10 slightly injured, against 8 the 2017.
Τα αίτια των παραπάνω τροχαίων δυστυχημάτων ήταν:
- The movement in the opposite direction of traffic
- Η απόσπαση προσοχής του οδηγού και
- Η παραβίαση της προτεραιότητας
In addition to the above, as evidenced by the police traffic search, τα κυριότερα αίτια των τροχαίων ατυχημάτων – δυστυχημάτων ήταν:
- Excessive speed
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Η μη χρήση ζώνης ασφαλείας/προστατευτικού κράνους
- Η χρήση κινητού τηλεφώνου κατά την οδήγηση
- The illegal overtaking
- Violation of the red signal
b. Traffic Police Activities
The Traffic Police Services of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia are located on constant alert, applying specific design, providing for road safety and traffic policing measures for the safe movement of vehicles and citizens, as well as to prevent and prevent accidents and accidents throughout the road network.
In the context of traffic actions, the month July of the year 2018, βεβαιώθηκαν μεταξύ άλλων και 1.094 violations as follows:
- 689 violations for excessive speed,
- 84 violations for driving under the influence of alcohol (intoxication),
- 167 violations of commercial vehicles,
- 35 παραβάσεις για μη χρήση ζώνης ασφαλείας κατά την οδήγηση,
- 26 παραβάσεις για χρήση κινητού τηλεφώνου,
- 13 violations of traffic in the opposite direction of traffic,
- 11 infringements for not wearing a helmet while driving,
- 45 violations for K.T.E.O.,
- 13 violations for worn tires,
- 3 infringements for violating a red signal,
- 1 violation for violation of priority,
- 3 infringements for illegal overtaking,
- 1 infringement for non-use of child seats,
- 2 παραβάσεις για αντικανονικοί ελιγμοί,
- 1 παράβαση για παράνομες διαφημιστικές πινακίδες.
c. Road Safety Tips
Greek Police are very sensitive to safe driving and road safety issues, in order to help reduce traffic accidents, reminds all drivers and road users that Road safety is a matter for all of us.
In this context, drivers must comply with the provisions of the Road Traffic Code, drive with prudence and care and follow the instructions and advice of Traffic Staff.
We must not forget that driving safely means:
- I am learning and applying the Road Traffic Code
- I am constantly focused on driving and controlling the vehicle
- When I drive I have not consumed alcoholic beverages
- I do not violate the speed limits
- I always wear a seat belt
- I place the children in a child seat in the back of the car and wear a seat belt
- In case I drive or am a passenger on a motorcycle, I always wear a helmet
- I'm not violating the red signal
- I stop at STOP and give priority
- I don't talk on my cell phone when I'm driving
- I respect the signals and instructions of the traffic wardens.
The above tips will be constantly repeated in order to contribute to the consolidation of traffic and road culture..
For more helpful advice on road accident prevention and road safety, citizens can visit the Greek Police website http://www.hellenicpolice.gr.