Just nine months ago, the prime minister announced the end of the lignite from the UN Step.
Last year, he did not make any pre-election remarks about it. Six months ago, The main ministers of the government came to inform us of their decisions in an absolute way..
Now the Coordinator of the Fair Development Transition Plan (they always succeed and find beautiful and full titles!) Mr.. Mousouroulis visits our area to get a picture too, to "listen" to us, at a time when his strategic plan, It has probably almost been completed in Athens in our absence.
These visits have one thing in common. The wrapper of violence is fancy and whimsical communication phraseology.
Immediately and willingly the demilitarization schedule with horizon 2023 or the 2028 (for the eyes of the world) must be rejected. The region should demand a holistic strategic development plan for Western Macedonia, which will be drawn up in Western Macedonia with the help of individuals and organizations, recognized for their know-how, Greeks mainly, but also foreign experts if deemed necessary. The directions of development should be decided by the Western Macedonians together, in open and serious consultation from scratch, without sea routes, coordinated, timed, with open minds, without blinders and localisms (they ate us).
But first and foremost, as absolutely necessary conditions for anything designed, is to immediately begin the restoration of the territories and their return to Western Macedonia. (in order to restore its violent abduction by PPC through a midnight amendment in Parliament). This should be the red line. In itself, this project leads to a sustainable perspective, but also without it, everything else is wishful thinking. What can you do about the biggest hole in the Balkans if it is not restored?; At best, Western Macedonia will become a subordinate of the new PPC (rather RWE) although in whatever form it will exist. The prospects that will open, they will also show the future of the region. This project should be the "bridge" to the new Western Macedonia and therefore, It also shows us the lifespan of lignite as an energy fuel.
If this necessary condition is agreed and started, a series of questions that will run in parallel and complementary should be answered convincingly:
1. Because the area has to deal with energy in the post-Hellenistic era; The experience of energy in the region is only seventy years in an industry where technology is now being renewed at much shorter intervals and in very different ways so that new knowledge to spread requires retraining and possibly other infrastructure.. (e.g. who knew the optical fibers and how important was the previous experience required to install this technology;).
2. If the region really needs to remain the heart of our country's energy, in a globalized energy environment, we will choose a similar way to the previous monoculture; The country's energy policy wants this or it prefers small scattered power plants with a trend in RES;
3. The country will take advantage of the remaining lignite reserves and in what ways; How much are these stocks and what is their value?; It's worth it or not; By what criteria? (Greek or European interest) the evaluation will be done;
4. Telephony without lignite but with Natural Gas or Natural Gas without district heating (that sounds like that too, but they don't tell us the price);
5. Farm farming and fish farming should be intensive or organic farming; To what extent does each one; What is the trend in the European market?, of Arabia, of China; What is the added value in each case?;
6. Which branches of the secondary sector have an export perspective?; Which of them could be competitive?; What are the necessary infrastructures for their installation;
7. What infrastructure is required for the connection with the ports of Thessaloniki and Igoumenitsa; There is an airport that serves the plan; Corresponding road network to Europe;
8. How to penetrate the markets; In which markets and for how long does this process require that the products of Western Macedonia be established in them?;
And when these and other possible questions are answered, Before the final decisions are made, the following should be clarified:
1. How much capital is needed for all this?;
2. What is the mix and what is the flow of funding;
3. What is the application schedule?;
4. How will society be prepared not only to keep pace with the new era?, but to participate in the implementation of the transition; He should know, to ally with the effort.
Then and only then and not with a foreign policy decision of other interests, The end of lignite combustion for energy production will emerge. As long as the projects are completed, so as to reduce lignite combustion. Nevertheless, the end of lignite, as a mineral, should be an issue under investigation.
These questions do not push the problem into the future, to some other politicians, to some other Western Macedonians. This is what the previous politicians did in good cooperation with their convenient trade unionists (the hand touches the other). It is not a solution to go from one end to the other. It would be just as wrong. Technology is galloping and we are already late. Even stagnation sends you back and we have experienced that.
But another quickly and another hurriedly.
At the same time we have a narrow time frame putting the knife to our own necks, the Germans demarcate it 2038 having as a plug the Poles who leave them until 2053 and Russian Natural Gas, in which, otherwise, the EU (see Germany again as a follower of America) makes an embargo. We must have matured, perform, operate and consolidate the project, to achieve the reason – goal of the Regional Governor for an "equivalent" result. This is done in three, or even in eight years;
The prime minister was clear. We have to find something to do. We will find it, Prime Minister, but to do that we have to be alive here too, in our place, something that your political decision, but also the attitude of the opposition that is hidden, afraid not to "get them out", it does not guarantee it. But you, Mr.. Prime Minister you have to find what to do with nutritional self-sufficiency, the uninterrupted domestic energy adequacy and stability of the networks, the country's health independence (due to corona all this) the independence and sovereignty of the homeland and not to replace PPC with RWE, nor to completely alter the environment, and desolate remote western Macedonia, without any wisdom, without a touch of prudence and with acting interest, thus covering the hole with mirrors and mountains with wind turbines, without sparing, without vulva.
The political establishment (not a political system) of Athens and its dark surroundings, is not interested in securing all of the above. Proof is the fact that all energy ministers over time, first they decided and then they visited to "listen" formally and indifferently to the Western Macedonians for the show. Anyone who wants to be productive, first he sees and hears and then he decides. The opposite is called "political massage".
There is someone who can, seriously, to guarantee the transition to three years; At least in eight; There is a similar precedent on a global scale, including China; Anyone who does so is light-hearted and dangerous or an aristocrat and self-interested and certainly an exponent of other people's choices..
May I be refuted.
PS. The local lords intend to unite in the common struggle; They will tell us something complete and when;
Gudios B. John