Social distance and mask everywhere, teleworking and local lockdown in Central Macedonia are immediate measures that can stop the pandemic while it is stressed that if the spread of the coronavirus is not stopped, we will overcome them 700 cases per day until the end 2020.
These are the data presented by the HERACLES research team for the Exhibition and Health of the Center for Interdisciplinary Research and Innovation and the Laboratory of Environmental Engineering of the Department of Chemical Engineering of AUTh, headed by Professor Demosthenes Sarigiannis.
Specifically, The study states that if the measures announced by the government and the health authorities are not followed, then the situation at the end of the year will be dramatic.
The measures proposed are:
– The mass implementation of measures of social distancing in closed spaces, commercial enterprises, service companies, office spaces (public services or private companies) and other indoor and outdoor gatherings) and on public transport (limited to 50% their completeness and a corresponding increase of the routes for the service of the passenger public), the observance of rules of social distance and the use of means of protection in places of religious worship.
– Avoiding unnecessary synchronicity and mass social events (setting a limit 10 for private or public gatherings)
– The mandatory use of a mask for employees in all workplaces and even the availability of the mask by the employer himself (with the incentive of tax breaks)
– Mandatory and correct use of a mask by everyone indoors and outdoors where necessary (commercial enterprises, service companies, office spaces (public services or private companies) and other indoor and outdoor gatherings)
– Its immediate integration 75% of civil servants on a teleworking basis- The disinfection of indoor air (public services , private companies, doctor's offices, places of religious worship and gatherings)
– The reduction of the opening hours of the entertainment centers (recommended until 12 the evening)
– The strict application of these measures for two months with an increase in the amount of administrative fines for non-compliance with the rules of social distance and the mandatory use of a protective mask is proposed to amount to 300 €.
– Intensify controls at all entry points and within the country and activate university laboratories to increase coronavirus detection capacity.
– The use of environmental epidemiology systems in urban or hotel wastewater and indoor air for the timely identification of SARS – CoV-2 over-transmission outbreaks.
Professor Demosthenes Sarigiannis emphasizes: "The analysis of the dynamics of the pandemic in the country showed that the current situation is due to the relaxation in the implementation of protection measures, social distance and personal hygiene from the Greek population in combination with the increased flows of asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic carriers due to the opening of the country's entry gates during July.
If the observed relaxation continues for the rest of the summer season at the end of September, we will have around 430 daily and cumulative cases 22000 cases since the beginning of the pandemic 5420 that we have today. If the spread of the virus is not stopped, the rate of increase of cases will reach 573 at the end of October and is expected to exceed 700 per day until the end 2020 putting unbearable pressure on the national health system”.